A crazy date

Presley

I went over to the dorm to ask Kaylee for a date. My grandpa and uncles went with me. It seems I need a babysitter, so I don't screw this up. I rang the buzzer, and the door clicked. I opened it and went up to the dorm room. When I reached it, Grandpa and my uncles stood off in the distance.

Damn, my palms were sweaty. I wiped them on my jeans.

"Damn, this kid is worse than when Nash asked Maggie out," Nixon mentioned as the others looked at him.

I knocked on the door, and Kaylee opened it as Nora walked towards the door.

"So, I like you, and you like me," I mentioned to Kaylee, acting casually.

Kaylee looked at me with confusion.

"And we're one big happy family! Asked her out before we're too old to give a shit!" Nixon yelled.

I looked at the brothers as Kaylee stuck her head out the doorway. Nixon shrugged as the brothers rolled their eyes.

I turned and looked at Kaylee. "Would you like to go out on a date with me?" I asked.

"Sure," Kaylee answered.

"Great," I said, smiling. I backed up and turned to leave. Kaylee stood there, confused. I walked towards the brothers as they facepalmed themselves. "What? I asked Kaylee out."

"Yo, genius, you didn't give her a day and time," Nathan told me.

"You remind us of Nash," Noah mentioned, thumbing at Grandpa, who rolled his eyes.

"Presley, turn around and give the poor girl a day and time," Grandpa advised.

"Are we sure Lex was right with giving Presley my name?" Nolan asked.

We looked at Nolan, who shrugged.

"I never had this issue," Nolan mentioned.

I shook my head and spun around, then walked over to Kaylee. "How about tomorrow around five?" I asked.

"I think that would be okay," Kaylee answered, smiling.

"Great," I said, backing up and tripping over my feet. The brothers placed their hands on their face and shook their heads. "I meant to do that," I reasoned as Kaylee and Nora laughed.

I retreated to the brothers, and they dragged me away before I made a bigger fool out of myself.

Kaylee

I closed the door and looked at Nora. "Did Presley asked me out on a date?" I asked, surprised.

"I believe so," Nora answered.

"That's crazy," I mentioned.

"But it's a good thing. Presley needs happiness. He went through a lot these past few months," Nora explained.

"Yeah, Presley was a tough nut to crack. It took me forever for him to talk to me. I didn't think he even liked me," I said.

"I think when you suffer heartache, it's hard to want to risk your heart for someone," Nora reasoned.

"Is that what you're doing with Matthew?" I questioned.

Nora gave me a look.

"I don't see what the issue is. If you like each other, then why not be together," I suggested.

"It's complicated. Matthew thinks I'm still with Mason, and Mason hates me because I chose Matthew," Nora told me.

"Ouch," I said, as Nora shrugged. "I think dealing with one guy is enough for me."