Graduation

Presley

In the next few weeks, we spent studying for finals as Payton, Parker, and Markus finished school. Our parents were coming in along with the brothers and sisters. They had to pick up their caps and gowns for graduation.

After my last final, I came home and collapsed on the couch, falling asleep. During my snooze fest, I didn't hear anyone come in.

"Damn Lex, is that all your boy does?" Larkin asked.

Pops rolled his eyes as I slept.

"Don't you remember when we had finals?" Luna asked.

"Yes, dipshit, I do," Larkin retorted.

"Knock it off, you two, or you can walk home," Lyric ordered.

"Some things never change," Lakin said, walking in and sitting down. Ma laughed.

I woke up, saw everyone, and went back to sleep. Hey, when you get off working a shift and taking finals, you're tired.

I finally woke up and sat up, rubbing my eyes as I saw my uncles looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Most of the time we see you, you're sleeping," Nixon mentioned.

"It happens when you work and go to school," I said.

"Where is everyone?" Nolan asked me.

"Payton, Parker, and Markus had to check in with the school. Pax is working, and Pat is studying for his last final," I answered.

"Well, I'm going to hunt down frack's kid since he forgets to see me when I'm here," Nixon said, leaving the house.

"Good luck, Kaxon," Nathan chuckled.

Grandpa walked over and handed me water. He sat down next to me.

"Jaime called us about the case," Grandpa mentioned.

"I'm glad Martinez took the deal. I didn't want Kaylee suffering more than she did or any other person who he attacked," I said.

"Sometimes the victim doesn't have a choice and has to go to court, but it offers closure," Grandpa reasoned.

I understood what Grandpa was saying. Why not give the victim justice they deserve?

Parker

We checked in, grabbing our caps and gowns. It's been a journey to get here. I held the cap and gown in my hand as it felt surreal to me.

"You okay?" Payton asked me.

"Yeah, it's surreal to know I'm graduating and doing something that I love," I answered.

"If anyone deserves this, it's you. You went through a lot," Payton reasoned.

I looked at Payton and Markus, who grinned at me. I shook my head. My brother and cousin were twits. We went back to the house to see Grandpa and our uncles.

"Where's Uncle Nixon?" I question.

"Behind you," Nixon answered, holding Kaxon's shirt. "I had to collect Frack Jr," Nixon said, releasing Kaxon.

"It's not my fault I was busy," Kaxon said.

"Stringing up frat boys is not busy," Nixon reminded Kaxon.

We heard yelling as Pops and Major dragged the demon twins and Mason into the house.

"Can't you two stay out of trouble? If you get expelled from school, I'm not dealing with your stupid asses," Pops told the demon twins.