A letter to the readers

To the readers and fans of the Gray series,

I wanted to thank you for giving the Gray series a chance. When my mom approached me with an idea for a story when I was in my early twenties, it was an interesting conversation with my dad.

Let me explain.

Mom: I have an idea about a story that you should write.

Dad is sitting in his recliner, listening to the conversation.

Me: What's the idea?

Mom: Write a story about your dad and brothers.

Okay, not sure where this conversation is going.

Dad: No one wants to read a story about my brothers and me.

Mom: Why not? It would be a good story.

Dad: Who wants to read a story about us? We were boys who grew up being boys.

Mom: I still think sis should write it.

Dad rolls his eyes and shrugs.

Yeah, that was the actual conversation between my parents and me when my mom suggested the story. Dad didn't think anyone would want to read a story based on him and his brothers. Mom thought people would. Who was right? Mom is always right, and it would surprise my dad if he read it.

I saw many people write about brothers and thought I could write about them since I grew up with a brother and other brothers. I hoped people enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing all fourteen books.

When I read the comments and see how much everyone connected with the Gray family, it makes me happy. It gave me a chance to share my family with you and honor my dad.

My dad was a quiet man with a sense of humor. He was wise beyond his years and made mistakes. No, he wasn't a tool like Nash. Nash took the cake on that one.

My mom read most of the series and loved it. She saw so much of my dad in Nash. She knew who each of the brothers represented, and it surprised her to see things in the book she saw firsthand. Well, she suggested the idea.

Thank you for making this journey with me and giving Nash, Nixon, Nathan, Noah, and Nolan a chance. The Gray Brothers and me, thank you.

Since you loved the Gray series, I felt they deserved a spinoff series featuring other family members. Since everyone is curious to see what happens with Matthew and Nora, you're getting a chance in the spinoff series, which starts with them titled Harper.

You didn't think I would leave you hanging, did you? Always know that I have plans with my characters and see possibilities. Consider it a gift from me to you as a thank you for giving The Gray Brothers a chance.

Much love always

Angel