A Gray style Christmas

Presley

Christmas time with most families comprises yuletide joy. Our Christmas comprises of arguing over anything Christmas related except for Pax. What is wrong with my brother? He hates holidays in any form. If there's a holiday, Pax hates it.

"Listen, Scrooge, no one wants your bah humbug attitude," Parker told Pax.

Did I mention we were standing out in nature, looking for a tree? Yep, and freezing our balls off too.

"Why didn't we go to a tree lot like sane people?" Pat asked me, shivering.

"Have you met our family? I think they fell off the insane tree hitting every bat shit crazy branch on the way down," Kaxon answered, trying to stay warm.

"This is ridiculous," Matthew mumbled.

"No, what's ridiculous is that you deny your feelings for Nora," Markus mentioned.

Matthew gave Markus a look and rolled his eyes.

"Drop it," Matthew ordered.

"That's it! It's someone else's turn to deal with Clark Griswold," Mason huffed, trudging over to us in the snow.

"Why is Payton taking so damn long trying to find a tree?" Matthew asked.

"It's Payton. He feels the need to impress his girlfriend," Larissa added, shrugging.

"Who cares? Why in the hell did our parents send us to no-man's-land to find a tree?" Pax asked.

"Our parents thought it would be a grand idea for us to bond," Kaxon answered.

"Well, I'm not freezing my nuts off any longer," Pax huffed, walking away.

"Give up, Clark! No one is waiting on your stupid ass!" Parker yelled, walking towards us.

We snickered.

"I swear Christmas gets worse every year with Payton," Parker said, walking past us.

The rest of us shrugged and went back to the car. I got in the car, and Parker cranked the heat as Matthew and Larissa joined us. Yeah, we had to split up in vehicles, or a fight would ensue. Don't ask.

"How are things going?" Matthew asked me.

"Better than they have been. It was rough for a while," I mentioned.

"Yeah, tell me about it," Matthew said.

Larissa and Parker looked at us.

"Although Nora and I hang out a lot," I mentioned, earning a skeptical look from Parker.

"Oh?" Matthew asked as Parker and Larissa looked at each other.

"Yeah, Nora keeps dragging me on random dates with these tools who care more about themselves than her," I mentioned, referring to the apple orchard incident. Matthew doesn't know it was one guy, and I wasn't telling him the truth.

"It sounds like Nora is testing the waters," Matthew mentioned.

"I wouldn't say testing as so much as lousy choices, but then again, that's none of my business," I said, adding fuel to the fire.

The car door opened, and Payton got in as Matthew thought about what I said.

"Thanks for leaving me out there, tools," Payton huffed.

"No one said you need to find the perfect tree in the wilderness, Grizzly Adams. Can't you be a normal person and go to a tree lot?" Larissa asked Payton.

Payton looked at Larissa, annoyed. "Did I ask for your opinion?" He asked her.

"No, but I'm giving it to you, twit," Larissa replied with a smirk.