°9°

The lake really looked like a crystal. The water didn't looked at all like the usual water from a normal pool but like the real precious stones. It was so beautiful that Donghyuck got lost into its shine. 

If Mark wouldn't have took him by his arm, he was sure he would have jumped in because he wasn't thinking straight at all. 

"Don't look at it too much, you'll end up loosing your mind." The werewolf told him and let go of him. 

Donghyuck didn't reply and he only watched him go to Jeno. The other werewolf nodded at something and in the next second, the two were in their wolf form. 

"I'll go look around." Chenle said and he became a black gust of wind that flew above the lake and the small island that looked like a black spot from where they were. 

"How are we gonna get there?" Jaemin asked and pointed at the island. 

At first, Donghyuck though he asked him and he wanted to tell his friend that he didn't know, but then he realized that Jaemin was talking to Renjun. The vampire sighed and pointed at something. 

"Somewhere around the lake is a bridge. It's invisible though and it always changes its spot." 

The two wizards nodded and Donghyuck's eyes landed on the lake again. Just then, the gust of black wind flew right through him and he fell on the grass. Chenle chuckled but in his surprise, the demon boy helped him get up. 

"Thanks." Donghyuck mumbled and brushed off the dust from his hoodie. 

"I found the bridge Jun." Chenle said and the wolves came back as well. 

They turned back into Mark and Jeno and listened to Chenle who explained to them that the bridge is right in front of them. Renjun went closer to the water and looked at it, his dark eyes becoming a rainbow. 

His hand leaned forward and Donghyuck wanted to tell him to back away because he'll get cursed, but Renjun didn't touch the water at all. A smirk appeared on his face and he stepped in front. 

Donghyuck widened his eyes and saw him walk on the invisible bridge. Chenle followed him from behind and Jaemin jumped on it too. Jeno was next, but Donghyuck hesitated. A shoulder brushed onto his and he looked at Mark. 

"Walk straight and don't fall into the water."   

His hot breath touched his face and Donghyuck remained frozen in that spot. Mark stepped on the bridge too and he waved a hand, signalling him to hurry. 

The wizard rushed and stepped on something that had the texture of glass, but it was invisible. All he could see under his feet was the crystal water that shone in a rainbow of colors. He looked forward and suddenly saw the island getting bigger and bigger. 

"So this is their den?" Donghyuck asked Mark when they finally arrived on the other side. 

"This is only the entrance." 

"So there are some other creatures here as well?" 

Curiosity was eating him up and he wanted to know more because the teachers never told them about this place. Mark chuckled and nodded. 

"They are called the guardians. They're not really friendly as you can see." 

Mark showed him a horrible scar that drawn across his arm. He didn't even realize that he grabbed his arm to look at it closer. 

"When?" 

"Let me think." Mark put his sleeve back down and thought for some moments. "Last year, in the last month of school I guess." He chuckled and looked up at the sky. "Johnny wasn't happy when I came back bleeding." 

"Who's Johnny?" 

"My leader. He's a nice werewolf if you don't piss him off, but he gets angry easily."

"I see." Donghyuck mumbled and bumped into Jaemin who stopped. He wanted to ask him what happened when he saw it. 

The den looked more of a small marble castle, but he knew that it was just the last tower that was being seen as the rest of it was under water. 

"Now what?" Jaemin asked and got a giggle from Renjun. 

"We wait. They already know we are here so it won't take long." 

Just like Renjun said, in less than ten minutes three sirens appeared from the water. They were way too beautiful and Donghyuck felt possessed by their power. Someone slapped him and he stumbled a bit. 

"Control yourself man." Mark hissed, his hand grabbing his shoulder tightly. "They're monsters do you get it?" 

Donghyuck nodded and looked at one siren, with pale skin, purple eyes and a crown on her head. Her violet tail appeared from the water and she gave Renjun a smile full of sharp teeth. 

"What brings you here, vampire?" 

Her voice was like a melody which blessed Donghyuck's ears until Mark's grip tightened on his shoulder. Right, he should control himself. 

"Perhaps, Jaehyun sent you here?" another one giggled and floated above the water. "He needs something again?" 

The third siren chuckled. 

"So he does." The floating siren replied to her own question. "What does he need?" 

"The Pearl of Life." Renjun replied and the three sirens started laughing. 

"He's immortal little vamp." The siren with the crown hissed at him. 

"It's not for him." 

"Then for who?" The same siren asked and Donghyuck widened his eyes when her eyes became black. 

"What's happening?" He whispered to Mark whose grip became even tighter. 

"The queen doesn't agree." He whispered back and loosen his grip on his shoulder. 

The siren that was floating earlier suddenly looked at them. Her blue eyes widened and Donghyuck realized in horror that she was looking at him. 

"It's him." Her voice sang the words and the other two turned their heads to him. Even the others looked at him confused. 

The queen smirked and waved her pale hand. 

"Come here." 

Donghyuck stepped forward but was stopped by Mark. 

"What are you doing?" He hissed and the siren's laugh made him stop. 

"Don't worry puppy, we just want to see him better." 

Donghyuck knelt before the purple siren who smiled at him. Her hand grabbed his and the wizard widened his eyes in shock when he saw blood coloring the water. He tried to get the hand off, but he failed. 

"If you want the pearl, he'll be the payment." 

The purple siren said and her eyes met his. He realized too late and just as he was about to try get up, the siren pulled him into the cold water. 

Sorry if the action is not mainly markhyuck for now

Sorry if the action is not mainly markhyuck for now. I'm just trying to make the plot and the action seem real so yeah. I hope you enjoy it and thanks for the support.