°17°

After seeing the high priest point his finger at him, Mark tried his best to look normal. He knew how pale he became and he had to admit one thing, he was scared as fuck.

A part of him prayed for Johnny to come save him, but the other part of him was telling him that, no matter what, he will have to fight.

Jeno and Jisung both stared at him. Even the wizard stared at him, confusion being plastered all over his perfect features he kinda started to like. Shaking the thought away, he glared at the priest who smirked at him. 

"Interesting..." He murmured and stepped forward. 

That scared Donghyuck, because the wizard backed away even more and Mark almost stumbled. He thanked Jeno and Jisung that they both blocked the priest's way. 

"This is very interesting..." He said again and this time he stopped. "Long time ago a vampire and a demon had this power, now a wizard and a werewolf have it, but, the most interesting thing is that the wizard has the angel's power." 

Mark widened his eyes in shock. 

As for Donghyuck, when he heard the words, he wanted to deny all of it. It couldn't be true at all, it just couldn't, not for him at least. Having the angel's power meant he couldn't serve Satan and be part of him for eternity. 

As if the high priest read his thoughts, the dark warlock chuckled and his cat like eyes came back, landing straight on his face. 

"No, you are right small wizard. You can't serve Satan at all, even if you want to, which is a pity, yet you were born immortal." 

Donghyuck's eyes met his mother's. He knew how helpless she felt in that moment, just like him as she couldn't help him. 

"And the curse just makes it worse." The high priest started walking closer again and with a move from his hand, Jeno who growled, was thrown into a tree. 

Jisung jumped a bit and ran to his friend to see if he was okay, but in that time, the priest reached them and chuckled when Mark hissed at him. 

"No need for that. I just want to understand." 

He took off Mark's hand that was gripping on his shoulder and Donghyuck suddenly felt lonely and lost. The high priest took his hand with the scar and examined it for a while. 

"So you really are the chosen one." 

Again, what did the chosen one meant? 

"It means you have a destiny little wizard." The priest gave him a small understanding smile. "It means you're alone if the darkness will fall upon us and only he will be able to help you." 

His finger pointed at Mark and with a snap from his pale fingers, the priest vanished. 

Donghyuck left his dorm with Jaemin. Three days passed since his so called baptism took place and of course the whole school knew about him having this huge power. 

Even some wizards and witches from his classes started speaking bad of him which made him even sadder. He didn't dare to talk to Mark even a bit and when they would have science together, both of them would ignore each other. 

It felt strange, not talking to him, but he knew as well that Mark wanted to avoid him for a while. 

"Mr Lee." Heechul barked one day and dropped a heavy book before his eyes to get his attention. "You may or may not be special, but that doesn't mean you can day dream in my class." 

"Sorry teacher..." He mumbled and tried to hide himself from the class mates who glared at him. Some of them even chuckled with pure hate and then started whispering to each other. 

"Ignore them." Jaemin sighed heavily when they exited the potion class together. "It's not your fault man." 

His hand wrapped itself around his shoulders, but Donghyuck pushed him away and apologized. He needed to be alone and the only place he could be was the rooftop. The wizard dragged his feet up the stairs and opened the heavy metal door. 

He took a deep breath and walked closer to the edge. He felt like crying, but he held back his tears and blinked for a whole minute. 

Why was life so hard?  

"You needed silence as well?" A voice asked somewhere from his right which made Donghyuck turn his head in that direction. 

When he saw Mark laying down on one of the benches, he mumbled a yes so the werewolf would hear his response. They stood in silence for a while until Mark stood up and made his way to him. 

Their shoulders touched when Mark stopped next to the wizard and despite the fact that Donghyuck wanted to get away from him, a part of him craved to feel him close. What was the feeling? He didn't know, but it was nice. 

"I'm still wondering if this is a dream." Donghyuck spoke after some more minutes of silence. 

"I don't think this is a dream." 

Their eyes met and the wizard suddenly felt his cheeks get warm. Now what the hell was this feeling? 

"I think it's a nightmare." 

Mark chuckled and looked away, at the sight of The Forest that was glowing under the sunlight. The statement made Donghyuck smile and he looked that way as well. They kept the silence until the bell rang and that's when Donghyuck knew he had to get back to his dorm.