°26°

"Sorry but who can't I kill?" Donghyuck stared at Satan who only chuckled at his simple question. He looked at Chenle, but the young demon didn't look as if he knew or if he wanted to answer him. 

Maybe it was because of his father's presence, Donghyuck thought and looked back at Satan, who flew right back on his throne. The skulls that decorated it were shining in a creepy reddish light and they all looked as if they were starring right into Donghyuck's soul, almost wanting to tell him he wasn't welcomed in that place. 

"The half angel werewolf." Satan spoke once he was back on his throne. A lazy smirk formed his lips and he tapped one edge of his throne with a pale long finger. "No one could have told you since you ran away, but this curse you two share is something that never happened before." 

The angel furrowed his eyebrows.   

Seeing that Donghyuck didn't reply, Satan continued. 

"You two are bonded little angel, you share one soul. If you die or get hurt, he'll be in pain and for him, turning you into a devil will be like you died." He chuckled. "And from what I sense in your soft and fragile beating heart, you couldn't possibly kill him. Am I right?" 

Damn, he was right. Donghyuck looked away and felt his cheeks get warm. How was a dark creature like Satan able to read his heart?   

"Love is painful kid, this is why it is much better to have no feelings." 

Donghyuck widened his eyes. 

"I-I d-don't..." 

Satan smiled. 

"Don't worry, loving someone you can't it's not a shame." The angel looked at his feet. He was so embarrassed now. What if Chenle will tell everybody now? "My son loves someone whom he can't after all." 

"Father!" 

Chenle's pale cheeks were colored in a bright shade of red and Donghyuck allowed himself to chuckle. The demon was embarrassed as fuck and he allowed himself to glare at his father. 

"Anyway, I'll protect you if this is a necessity. You're lucky your Chenle's friend I guess, since I'm the bad guy and all for most angels." Satan chuckled again and waved a hand.  "Take him to his room. I'll call the school and tell Jaehyun one of your sister died because of her behavior and you won't attend school for a while." 

The night fell upon the castle. Mark was laying down on the too huge bed and his eyes were looking at the ceiling. Jisung's words filled his ears and suddenly he felt the urge to run away from there. 

"Aish..." He stood up in a sitting position and ruffled his hair in frustration. "I can't leave. Johnny will kill me if I leave." 

He got up and opened the wide windows of his balcony and went out, the chill air brushing against his face. He leaned by the railing and looked down. About six wolves were walking around. Guards, Mark thought and saw how big they were. 

One was enough to kill him if he would be going to jump from there. 

"Psst..." 

The hiss came somewhere from above, but when the werewolf looked up, he saw no one. 

"Here idiot dog." 

When Mark looked in front, he almost hit Renjun when their noses touched. He backed away and looked at the smirking vampire who was sitting comfortable on the railing, his legs swinging in the air. 

"What are you doing here?" Mark hissed and Renjun pointed behind him. 

Jeno just stepped on the balcony and waved at the vampire who smirked, not forgetting to bite his lower lip. Mark rolled his eyes. He thought Jeno was after Jaemin. 

As if his thought summoned the wizard, Jaemin appeared in the air. It took Mark some moments to realize he was on a broomstick, with a robe on. He even looked more mature since he last saw him. The power of immortality, Mark thought. 

"Now the only missing one is Chenle." The older werewolf hissed and Renjun chuckled silently. "Is he hiding in the shadows or what?" 

"He's already in hell, with your precious angel." The vampire jumped from the railing and walked slowly in his direction, his sharp teeth shining. "I'm really curious if he agreed in transforming into a full devil, to serve The Master." 

Mark knew what he was talking about. If Donghyuck would transform into a devil, his angel blood would become bad and Mark's blood would feel as if the angel died and he would die too, in time, but he'll die.  

"I didn't call you here to argue with him Renjun." 

Hearing Jeno's cold tone, made the vampire roll his eyes, but he stepped aside and shut his mouth for a while. 

"Why did you call them anyway?" Mark hissed at Jeno who only sighed. 

"Look." Jeno took him by his shoulders and gave him a smile which told many things. "I agreed with Jisung and..." 

"No." Mark barked. "Johnny will kill us." 

"Mark, listen here." 

"The answer is no Jeno." 

He waled away from his friend and glared. 

"I told Jisung." 

The young werewolf froze. His eyes landed on their leader who stepped out, followed by Jisung. 

"What?" 

"The queen won't help you Mark." 

Mark felt as if a silver knife cut him and now he was bleeding until he'll reach his end. 

"But she said..." 

"Doyoung overheard one of her men. They already told the witches where you are hidden and there is a matter of time until they'll find out where he is hidden."