°36°

At midnight, Donghyuck was still up, not being able to sleep. He couldn't stop thinking about that witch who sent him that evil glare while smirking. Something inside him told him to leave his bed and room, but the angel knew he wasn't allowed to do such thing. 

Rolling around in his bed, still not being able to sleep after an hour, Donghyuck stood up annoyed as hell. His feet led him to the window and he dared to open it. 

"Meow." Night jumped on the window sill and she looked at her owner with some big and curious eyes. Donghyuck smiled and caressed her head, which made the black cat purr loudly. 

"Yeah, I missed you too." He mumbled and took a deep breath from the cold air of the night. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling, almost forgetting about his problems, but when Night hissed at something, the angel opened his eyes. 

He almost screamed when, instead of seeing the beautiful sight from his window, his eyes met two red ones. Donghyuck stumbled and fell on the floor when the creature jumped inside. 

"You are not allowed here, you sinful angel." The ghoul hissed the words and walked forward which made Donghyuck quickly jump on his feet. 

"W-What do you want?" He asked the ghoul who laughed, loud enough to wake up the others, Donghyuck thought. 

He started to think of that night when Mark saved him from that ghoul on their floor and he couldn't help but think if this one wasn't the same as the other one. Was he hungry, that's why he waited for someone to open his or hers window? 

"I want you dead." 

Night hissed and the angel tried to pick her up, but he was stopped by a wall of fur. He even fell down and groaned in pain. 

Donghyuck looked up and widened his eyes. He always knew that Night was more than just a familiar, but he never imagined his own cat turning in the beast before his eyes. Night still resembled a cat, but she was way more bigger and she had wings, just like an angel. 

The ghoul hissed, receiving as a reply a growl from Night who showed her silver claws. That was the signal she was giving her owner which said: run because I got your back

Donghyuck managed to get up on his feet and he pushed the door wide open. He started running on the quiet corridor of his dorm until he reached the dark living room. He stopped a bit and dared to look up at the stairs. The angel saw nothing as he only heard those two beasts fighting in his room. 

Taking a deep breath, he was about to open the door when the room became bright. He froze in spot and turned around only to see Jaemin rubbing his eyes. His hair was in all directions and he didn't look happy. 

"Are you fighting the shadows in your room?" The wizard asked in an annoyed tone and that was enough for the ghoul to hear that someone was up too. 

"J-Jaemin..." Donghyuck mumbled when he saw that hideous monster above his head. "

"What?" He asked confused and the angel wanted to hit himself because of his friend's stupidity. 

He knew he could run, but he couldn't just leave him there. 

"Jaemin run." 

But it was too late. The ghoul jumped and landed right on Jaemin. The wizard couldn't even scream as a hand full of claws covered half of his face. The ghoul chuckled and his red eyes met Donghyuck, who was trembling by the door. 

"How sad that he woke up right?" He asked and looked back at Jaemin who was trying his best to get out of his strong grip. "At least you're tasty." 

Looking at Jaemin who was struggling to breathe under that heavy monster, made the angel tear. He didn't want to loose his best friend like this, he didn't want to loose him at all. Donghyuck didn't realize what he was doing, he didn't even realize he was holding that heavy sword that was always hung by the wall until the blade met the ghoul's flesh. 

The monster screamed and backed away, along with the sword which was now stuck into his back, which released Jaemin from its grip. Donghyuck quickly helped him get up and he dragged the wizard after him, outside the dorm. 

Just as he remembered, the corridor was silent and dark. Donghyuck almost expected to see the ghoul from that night coming out of the shadows to eat them, but this time, he had no time to wait for another beast to attack them. 

"H-How..." Jaemin whispered and pointed with his trembling hand to the opened door. "How did he get inside?" 

Donghyuck didn't want to tell him that he opened the door and the ghoul jumped inside his room, so he just mumbled that he didn't know. 

"Come one, we need to hurry." He told Jaemin and they started to run down the stairs. 

A loud growl filled the floor and the wide staircase which made the two freeze. The ghoul was out  and he was going to come after them. 

Mark opened his eyes when his ears heard it. He quickly jumped from his bed and woke Jeno and Jisung up. 

"What?" Jeno asked and covered his eyes with a hand when the light filled his dark room. 

"Get up and change your clothes." 

"Why?" His friend stood up and pushed Mark away to go in the living room where Jisung was already ready. "Why do you have a knife in your hand? What's happening Mark?" 

"Someone sent a ghoul inside the school to kill Doonghyuck." The werewolf replied and locked eyes with Jeno who sighed. "Before you complain, I heard him. Whoever sent him, he has one order, to kill." 

"It makes no sense man." Jeno mumbled while entering his room to change. "This school is the safest place we could be right now."

Mark only waited for him to be ready and when Jeno was done, the two went back into the living room where Jisung was waiting.

"We'll need help." Mark told Jisung who was already up. "Go get Chenle and Renjun."

"Are you nuts?" Jeno hissed and stopped the younger from going to the door. "We're no longer allowed to be friends with them remember?"

Jisung looked at Mark for a signal. The werewolf sighed and grabbed Jeno by his shoulder.

"Jaemin might be there too. Do you really want him to get hurt?"

His friend looked at him only, not saying a thing. Jeno knew he was right so he gave up trying to stop them.

"Be careful okay?" He told Jisung who nodded and the next second, he was out, on the dark hallway.