°10°

At first, Donghyuck felt cold everywhere. He was trying hard to keep his eyes shut and to hold his breath until the queen laughed. Even her laugh was a melody for his ears.

"You can breathe little wizard." She said and Donghyuck opened his eyes.

The siren was right, he could breathe under water. But how?

"That's a good question." The blue siren replied and swam around him. "Maybe because you're the one."

"The one?" He asked confused and looked at his hand. The red blood was still coloring the clear and cold water, but he felt no pain.

"He needs to come with us." The purple siren who was still holding his hand spoke and the other two agreed.

Donghyuck was so lost that he nodded too and when the queen smirked at him he snapped out of his day dream. At first, he thought it was because of her smile, but then he realized something was holding his free hand. Correction, someone.

The hand filled his arm with warmth, a nice feeling in that frozen water. He was pulled out of the water, but the siren reacted quickly and pulled him back.

"Kill the werewolf." She growled and the two other sirens hissed and jumped out of the water.

Mark knew the result if he'll touch the water, but if God wanted him cursed then so be it. He didn't let go of Donghyuck's hand when the blue siren bit him.

He heard a growl from behind and knew Jeno turned. The wolf attacked the other siren who was just about to bite Mark too.

"You filthy thing!" He mumbled and pushed the blue siren away.

She fell back into the water but then jumped out again, her beauty vanishing. She became the evil and ugly monster she was actually.

When the siren attacked him, his hand accidentally let go of Donghyuck's, but he thanked Jaemin who quickly took it.

"Don't let him go!" He yelled at the wizard while he was pushing the ugly siren away. "If you let go of him, she'll take him and you won't see him ever again!"

He scratched the siren who shouted in pain and black blood dripped from his claws. His left arm was bleeding and he jumped on the siren, ending up in the cold water.

He didn't know if he made a big mistake by entering the water, but one thing was sure, he had to kill the siren. Her poisonous claws scratched his shoulder and he wanted to shout.

One of her hands held him tight and she started pulling him deeper into the den. Yeah, that was surely a big mistake.

He couldn't hold his breath any longer and even if he tried to get rid of her, the siren was way too stronger than he was.

He hissed and cursed when he realized he no longer had air. He felt pain in his chest and he wanted to scream, but the last thing he saw before passing out was the ugly smirk of the siren.

Donghyuck was panting on the grass. His eyes looked at the lake and saw the purple siren disappear. He looked at his hand and saw it was still bleeding.

Just then, Jeno pulled Mark out of the water. The red haired werewolf was unconscious and at first Donghyuck thought he was dead, but Mark suddenly jumped and coughed water all over Jeno.

"Are you okay mate?" Jeno asked and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Despite being cursed, I'm fine."

He hissed in pain when he moved his arm and saw how bad it looked. Even if he could heal himself, that poison was in him already.

Jeno didn't have time to reply as Mark was already up, stumbling a bit on his way to Donghyuck.

"I told you to stay away." He knelt and took his bleeding hand. "Now you're cursed too."

"That's the curse?" Donghyuck seemed relieved to hear that.

"That's the siren's mark you idiot. Are you even paying attention to that shitty class of yours about dark magic?"

Donghyuck felt his cheeks get warm from embarrassment and he looked at his hand.

"Aish, next time listen to what I tell you."

"Where are Chenle and Renjun?" Jeno asked and Donghyuck realized he did it to get Mark's attention away from him.

The werewolf looked around and Donghyuck was sure he was about to hit someone if Chenle wouldn't have come back with a wide grin of his which disappeared when he saw the three being all wet.

"Shit, don't tell me..."

"Yes, we're all cursed. Where is Renjun?"

Chenle's grin came back and he snapped his pale fingers. Donghyuck had to cover his eyes a bit since the pearl was shining too bright for his eyes.

"How?" Mark asked with wide eyes and tried to touch the pearl but Renjun took it before he could.

"We need to leave, if we don't want to die here and be eaten by the guardians." The vampire said and smirked at Mark. "Don't even think of touching this shit."

Jaemin helped Donghyuck get up and he stumbled a bit, his legs being numb. His hand was in pain and the bleeding wasn't stopping and he thought that he'll loose so much blood that he'll die until they will reach the castle.

When they reached the other side of the island, he could already see Renjun's silhouette on the invisible bridge. Chenle was running after him as well.

A loud growl was suddenly heard all over the island. The four of them stopped, even Renjun and Chenle stopped in the middle of the lake.

"Do we run?" Jeno asked Mark.

"We run."

And they ran. Jeno grabbed Jaemin and he dragged him on the bridge and Donghyuck followed them closely behind.

"Was that a guardian?" He asked Mark who was behind him.

"Yes!"

That was enough to make him run faster. Some heavy steps moved the ground and Donghyuck had the guts to stop a bit and look behind. He imagined the guardians like some monsters, he never thought they'll be tall almost like a tree.

Mark pushed him forward and the wizard stumbled a bit.

"How did you manage to end up with a scar only?"

He heard the werewolf laugh and he looked in front. Renjun and Chenle were already on the other side and Jeno along with Jaemin were almost arriving as well.

"To be honest? I can't remember!"

The land was getting closer and closer to them, but the bridge started moving suddenly. Jeno and Jaemin were already safe, but they still had about ten meters until the land. Donghyuck stopped and looked at Mark who cursed. 

"Run." He told him but his legs weren't moving. "Donghyuck!" 

The wizard snapped out and started running for his life.  Two meters were separating him from the land and just then, something inside him told him to jump. The jump felt like an eternity, but he landed on the grass. Mark fell too, next to him. He hissed in pain because of his shoulder, but at least they were all okay and alive.