°39°

Donghyuck didn't know how much time passed since they entered The Forest, but it felt like eternity anyway. He kept on looking around, trying to see in the darkness that surrounded them if the priest's people were around.

"Stop." Mark's voice filled his ears too late as he already bumped into his strong back.

"Do you hear something?" The angel asked and turned around, but behind them there were only the golden and red eyes of the bats and owls that lived in the trees.

"There." Mark pointed somewhere in front, but Donghyuck wasn't able to hear anything except of the wind that was blowing the leaves.

"Is it the ghoul?"

"No." Mark's reply was almost a whisper while his eyes widened.

That's when some silhouettes appeared from the darkness. At first, he didn't recognize them, but when  he saw Johnny's bruised face, Donghyuck gasped.

"What are you two doing here?" Lucas, who saw them from behind, walked forward and stopped the whole group. "You should be in your beds not here."

Mark and Donghyuck looked at each other and then at the group. There were two vampires there as well whom the angel recognized as Winwin and Yuta, sign that Ten sent them and there were also the two demons he knew from Taeil, Jungwoo and Hendery.

"Tell me you didn't receive a detention from the first day you came back." Johnny mumbled and pushed Lucas away.

"Not a detention, but a game." Mark replied and looked around himself.

"A game?" Doyoung asked confused and the two nodded their heads.

"We need to survive the night in order to not be killed by the priest." Donghyuck said and Johnny widened his eyes.

"What happened?" He barked and held Mark by his shoulder. "What happened at Satan's palace kid?"

"W-We ran... Ten came after us and..." He looked at the angel who looked back at him, not knowing what to say. "They all want him dead and now the priest wants all of us dead."

"Wait, who else is a target besides you two?" The vampires asked in the same time which made Johnny back away.

"Jeno and Jisung." Mark mumbled and he looked at his feet, too ashamed to face his pack mates.

"And Jaemin, Renjun and Chenle." Donghyuck finished the list and his hands started trembling.

"Ten will kill us." Yuta told Winwin who nodded and hissed in frustration.

"Taeyong too." Jungwoo sighed and massaged his temple a bit.

"No one will kill you." Johnny raised his voice and faced them. "Because they won't die."

"What do you mean?" Mark looked up from the ground and clenched his fists.

"The priest never mentioned you guys can't be helped right?" A smile started forming Donghyuck's lips when he realized what the werewolf was trying to say so he nodded. "Great! So where were you two heading earlier?"

Mark looked at the angel and then at his leader. He was really going to help them when he was so weak? The young werewolf didn't want to think that Johnny could get more hurt from this stupid game, but he knew he could.

"We're going to the Crystal Pool." Donghyuck spoke finally and Johnny chuckled.

"Then let's go."

"Are you really sure we're not lost?" Jaemin asked for the fifth time in ten minutes and Renjun was already feeling like biting him.

But sadly he couldn't because if he would bite him that meant he would get hungry and he didn't want that at the moment.