°16°

Donghyuck stared at the silver wolf before his eyes. He knew that the golden one was Jeno but he didn't recognize the black one.

What were they doing there anyway? Did they follow him and the guys inside the forest or were they just in The Forest because it was full moon that night? Maybe both, Donghyuck thought and watched as the three wolves turned back into humans.

"Why are you here?"

Mark and Jeno looked at their tall friend who giggled and rubbed the nape of his neck.

"He wanted to see a baptism." Mark explained. "And this is how we ended up here. "

Donghyuck nodded and chuckled when he saw the red face the tall young werewolf had from the embarrassment.

"But it's full moon. Aren't you guys supposed to.."

Jeno laughed and waved a hand.

"We know how to control it wizard." But his smile faded away when he asked him the following question. "What happened there?"

Donghyuck looked at his new cut from his palm and felt shivers down his spine. The blood started to dry on his skin and he suddenly felt sick when he saw sliver spots combined with red ones.

The wizard started to think. Will the rest of the wizards and witches going to punish him for having angel blood in him? He didn't want to think of it. Maybe he'll be hung by Satan's tree and he'll die in pain.

The warm hand that was placed on his shoulder made him come back from his thoughts and his eyes met Mark's. The werewolf smiled softly at him and then looked at his hand.

His smile faded. So he knew as well what the silver meant?

Donghyuck took his hand out of his grip and looked behind, at the dark path he followed.

"So, are you immortal now?" Jeno asked to break the silence that filled them.

"I don't think so, I didn't sign my name in the book of the beasts after all."

A sad smile formed his lips as he said the words. He didn't want to believe it, he just didn't want to. He still tried to think that this was a nightmare and the baptism didn't take place yet and he'll be able to serve Satan and be immortal with Jaemin.

But from the pain in both of his hands, he knew it was real.

"I think that the curse did it."

He looked at Mark who didn't look like he agreed with what he just said. The werewolf shook his head and his claws appeared.

Was he mad?

"This isn't the curse Donghyuck."

Donghyuck looked at him with confusion. If this wasn't the curse then what was it? He wanted to ask something again, but Jeno started growling.

It took him some moments to react and when he turned around, he saw them, the wizards and witches that saw the scene and that will most probably kill him.

He saw his parents in the crowd along with Jaemin and his other two friends, but the most terrifying face was the one of the high priest.

His face was way more pale than earlier and his cat like eyes were now black as if he was half demon.

Donghyuck found himself backing away until he bumped into Mark who caught him by his shoulders. The werewolf was growling at the high priest as if he had to protect him from the dark wizard.

"Don't be afraid little wizard." His cold voice spoke and he stretched out a hand as though he wanted to grab him. "Be afraid of them, not us, your own people."

Jeno stepped before him and the tall werewolf as well. That made the high priest laugh.

"I smell something here, beyond your unworthy friendship."

What was he talking about? Donghyuck stared at the wizard with wide eyes and he felt so scared and small in that moment. Was this going to be his last day of living?

"What do you smell master?" A witch asked and then smirked at Donghyuck who became even smaller.

"I smell angel blood."

He wanted to laugh. Was he stupid? It was obvious he was the only one who had angel blood here.

"From the boy?" The same witch asked but the priest shook his head.

His long finger pointed at him, no, behind him and when Donghyuck turned a bit he saw Mark's pale face.

"From the werewolf." 

Short chapter this time, but I'll make it up to it by publishing more chapters in this weekend

Also, don't forget to stream Kick It!!