°11°

"Oh my!" Jaehyun exclaimed in a sarcastic way. "You're not dead and I see two more people joined the journey." 

He showed them a shiny smirk, his sharp teeth stinging his lower lip. 

"Did you get it?" 

The smirk was gone, being replaced by a glare when he looked at Renjun who made his way to him and handed him the pearl. 

"Thank you." 

"What's this?" Ten took Donghyuck's hand and the wizard flinched when he felt his cold hand touching his wound. "You fell in the water." He mumbled and he sniffed the air from the office. 

His eyes turned red and he looked at Mark. Donghyuck knew that the werewolf was trying his best not to show any emotions, but when the vampire pressed his palm onto his shoulder, he knelt from the pain. 

"He fell too." Ten looked at Jaehyun who placed the pearl on his desk. 

The principal snapped his fingers and a lady walked inside. She bowed and waited for orders. 

"Take him to the hospital wing." The woman nodded and led Mark outside. 

The sun was already up, on the blue sky, but Donghyuck really hoped they'll be allowed to sleep the whole day. As if Jaehyun read his thoughts, the vampire chuckled. 

"Today you'll all rest." 

He heard Jaemin sigh in relief. Jaehyun waved a hand and told them to leave, but he stopped Donghyuck right when he was about to step outside. The young wizard turned around and closed the door behind him. 

Ten and Jaehyun were staring at him. He didn't know what he did wrong, but he was afraid. 

"What happened at the lake?" Ten asked and urged him to sit down on an armchair. He did what the vampire said and he sat down, his eyes landing on his hand. "How did you get in the water Donghyuck?" 

He looked up at the two and felt tears forming. Was he really cursed now? 

"O-One of them told me to go closer and I got hypnotized by her so I did what she said even though Mark tried to stop me. She said something about a trade, me for the pearl and the next thing I knew was that I ended up in the water." 

He had to stop as tears started falling down his cheeks.  

"She said I was the one." 

Jaehyun dropped a glass with blood on the floor. The liquid colored the floor and Donghyuck stood up. 

"Were you able to breathe under water?" The vampire asked in a shocked way. When Donghyuck nodded, he sighed. "Go rest. You have classes tomorrow." 

The wizard was really confused, but he left the office. He made his way to his dorm and slept the rest of the day.