Ch.31

Lyrical's POV

"A medium Strawberry and Banana Smootie for Lyrical and a Medium Mango smootie for Ryder" the guy calls out placing them on the counter

We walk up and get them. We sit back down, neither of us has brought up what I said in the car. I actually did mean it I just don't see how me and Ryder could ever just be friends when both of us know there is something. I look at him and he seems to be looking in the back for someone.

"Uh looking for someone are we?" I ask with a small laugh turning around to see if I can see what he is looking for.

"Oh no well actually yeah last time I came here I met a lady named Daisy she is the owner she was very.... helpful and nice" he says trying to be careful with his words "and I was just trying to check up on her before we leave"

I nod Understanding "she might just be on her day off but we should get going before we are late for school"

He nods getting up and going out the door. Once we are inside the car I take out my retainer so that I can drink my smoothie. I have to start drinking more water though. Since I haven't been wearing my retainer I have to wear them all day for a couple of days and I can only drink water with them on.

We pull up to school and get out. Of course everyone's eyes are on us but I'm confused as to if it is because me and Ryder came to school together or because of what happened yesterday.

I shrug it off not really caring we then part ways.

———————————

The day has actually gone by far which I am thankful for. I just want to sleep. I am still tired from yesterday. As I meet Ryder at his car he tells me that we are going for Pizza. We go pick up Jax and head there.

"How was school Jax" I ask looking at him

"Uh it was good yeah good" he says more to himself than to me

"Are you sure" I say eyeing him as he fidgets in his seat

"Yeah" he says yet again more to himself than to me

"Jax" Ryder says in a stern tone. I look at him confused then back at my brother.

"Yes I am sure" he says once again in a more positive tone

I let it go not really seeing much of a problem and decide to change the topic. "Well how was your stay at Dad and Rachael's house?"

"It was actually really fun" he says giving me a smile for once since he got in the car.

"Good I am glad you liked it" I say smiling back. He then continues to go on and on about how they had a trampoline in their backyard and how he was learning how to do a backflip on it. Of course I went into protective mode and told him to be careful. We then pulled up to the place.

As we were pulling up we saw Justin and Jenna already there and followed behind us was everyone else. We got out the car and walked in a big group up to the door. Once we were inside I immediately smelled pepperoni making my stomach growl.

"Hi for how many?" The petite lady said she looked young probably about mid 20's she also looked exhausted it makes me feel bad for her.

"9" Justin and Alex say at the same time she laughs and leads the way.

We sit down at a round booth and she immediately takes our order "My name Carissa by the way and can I get you guys started off with something to drink"