Ch. 43

Lyrical's POV

I was walking around the rest of the house because now that I realized.. I haven't actually explored the house just like I didn't know there was a small gym. It isn't really big but it has the basics.

I was upstairs and I saw a glass door. I don't know how I've never noticed this before. I look inside and it's very bright. I had just finished with a shower after working out.

There was lots of windows and white drapes on them. It even had a bay window which I loved. There wasn't much inside but I did notice the big white grand piano. The room was actually quite pretty.

I walk inside shutting the door behind me and walk over to the bay window. I open them letting a breeze come inside. I sit down in the silence just looking outside.

Not too long after I hear someone play the piano making me slightly jump holding my stomach. I turn around to see it was only Ryder.

"I'm sorry angel did I scared you?" He chuckles turning Towards me

"No I jump in excitement" I sarcastically respond walking over to him "aside from that your good at playing"

"Thanks but I'm rusty" he laughs

"Wait you actually play?" My eyebrows raise in surprise "how come you've never told me?

"I haven't told anyone don't feel left out" he says giving me a small smile "I haven't played in a while either"

"Why'd you stop" I ask

He sighs placing his fingers on the keys "my dad didn't think it was something a guy should play he took me out of classes for it something I really enjoyed and thought I made them proud for but I guess not"

"Hey look at me... you can't always go on how your parents would think of everything because they don't care Ryder and I know that's hard to hear but I'm not gonna lie to you, what you do is good enough no matter what they think or say" I give him a light smile and he nods kissing my cheek

He starts playing some random melody and I just listen. I don't know what it is but it's beautiful not too much but not too little either. I stare at him as he seems like he is very concentrated. He stopped once he messed up.

"That was beautiful what is it?" I ask

"Something off the top of my head" he says. I take out my phone searching for notes to a song

"Can you play this?" I ask. He analyzes it for a second before nodding "okay don't make fun of me I'm gonna try singing this song"

"Okay just tell me when to start" he says and I nod signaling for him to do so.

"Gotta pack my bags leave my world behind
Take a different road I know it's my time
To open up my heart for another crowd
Play it strong and sing it loud
There's empty places in my life and I need to breathe
There's empty spaces on the map waiting there for me
I'll take the last exit to freedom
The last chance to be free
And the first sign of tomorrow
Feels like freedom to me
Oh there hope out on the horizon
In a light only I can see
It's the last exit to freedom
The last chance to be free"

"I love that song I don't know why" I say

"Your amazing" he smiles in amusement "I didn't know you knew how to sing"

"I'm not that good but I'll take the compliment" I laugh "but your good at playing piano really good"

"Not really but thanks I'll take the compliment" he mocks and I playfully roll my eyes