Ch. 44

Ryder's POV

The day is finally here. It's good because Lyrical can walk normal again she does still have to take her pain reliever but only if she does move a lot but she is basically back to normal.

Ms. Jude said that I would have to testify to help lyrical along with Cane and Xander. I was buttoning my black dress shirt when I hear something coming from the bathroom.

I walk closer to hear a muffled cry. Knocking on the door I slowly walk in closing it behind me. She was sitting on the small couch her hand in her hands resting on her knees. She looks up at me and immediately wipes her tears.

I kneel down to her "Whats wrong?"

"Nothing I'm okay" she tries smiling but more tears come out her eyes I wipe them away sitting next her and hug her. She cries in my shoulder and I just hug her.

"Lyrical babe everything is gonna be okay. Your gonna win this no matter what. Look at me.. we're gonna get justice for you." I give her a small smile wiping her face.

I pull her over to the mirror and stand behind her "what do you see?"

"I see a girl who is broken but somewhat put together" she says frowning

"Really? Because I see a beautiful girl who has been through so much in her life and today is the day she gets what she wants and be able to live.. I see a girl who fought for her life literally and is still here today... a girl who is loving and caring but has been heart by several people sadly but in the end everything will okay... your a fighter lyrical" I smile and by the end of that she had a smile on her face "oh and don't forget an angel.. my angel"

She turns around and gives me a quick peck on the lips "thank you for that it means so much and actually gives me hope"

"You deserve it after everything she's put your through your dads put you through honesty's put your through what I put you through.. you deserve a happy ending" I Smile at her and she nods.

She sits down on the couch again putting on her heels. She was wearing a black dress with a grey blazer over it along with black heels. Her bruises on her face had gone away you can still see it a small bit but only if you look really close.

I take her hand on mine and we walk downstairs we got into our cars and drive down to the court. I road with lyrical since she is finally able to drive on her own now. I was sort of scared not going to lie but she's not that bad of a driver. She parks the car I was about to get out when I see she was still sitting there "Lyrical?"

"Ryder I can't do this" she turns towards me and I can see tears forming in her eyes.

"No no no don't cry angel it's okay remember what I told you okay think of that and take deep breathes" I say holding on to her hand. She takes about 3 of them and nods. We get out the car and meet everyone where Ms. Jude was.

"Okay Daniel Xander Cane and obviously Lyrical you guys are gonna come in the actual room with me. Lyrical your gonna sit by my side you three sit directly behind us" she explains and we all nod "everyone else your sort of not really able to come in you guys can wait on the out side of the door when we go in so come on let's go"

We all walk inside and everyone sits on a bench and we walk through another door. Her hand was squeezing mine and I just give it a slight squeeze back and she slightly let's go. As told we sit directly behind them. This is really happening.

———————

"Can I please have Lyrical Hernandez to the stand please" the judge says and I can see the fear on her face as she actually looks at her mother.