The USJ In Full Swing

"Miss me, Kacchan?"

Katsuki froze. All of his joints seemed to lock in place, his bones like led. For the life of him, he could not get himself to move as his childhood friend, acquaintance, turned villain, strode up to him.

"Oh well don't say it all at once," Izuku, can I call him that, Deku scoffed sarcastically. Katsuki had oh so many things he had wanted to say if he ever saw Deku again but it was as though his jaw had been bolted shut, mouth as dry as a desert. Deku didn't seem to like this. Katsuki observed as the blank lenses of the sunglasses switched to those with red, angry dots.

The greenette dashed forward with incredible speed and punched Katsuki in the gut, hard. The blonde toppled over, clutching his stomach.

"Say something!" yelled Deku.
I'm sorry...
Deku spun on his heel and his left foot collided with Katsuki's jaw, metal to bone, forcing him to the ground.
"SAY SOMETHING!!!"
I'm so sorry...

The red-eyed teen's jaw hurt something awful. He sees Deku's feet move to attack again but instinct finally kicked in and Katsuki rolled out of the way, a metal-plated foot landing where is head had been just seconds before.

"Oh? So you can move," Deku commented. Katsuki pushed himself to his feet but said nothing. Deku stared for a second before,

"Ha. Ha! HA HA HA!" The blonde watched in confusion as Deku laughed hysterically, a laugh that was so different from the weakling's he knew before.

"I- it's you!? You're the one Aizawa said was mute!?" How the hell do you know Aizawa-sensei?
"Why'd you go mute huh? You used to have so much to say back then, didn't you Kacchan." Not a question, a verbal jab. It hit the mark.

"I know why... You're scared."

Katsuki snapped his head up and scowled. Excuse me?
"That's right," Deku took a step forwards. "You are scared that if you open that mouth of yours that it'll all come out." Another step. "How you beat me, bruised me, mocked me, burned me." Another step. He stopped inches away from Katsuki's face.

"How you suicide baited me."

Katsuki's breath caught in his throat. I'm scared?
"You're running away Kacchan. Like a coward." Katsuki felt his blood boil. I'm no coward and

"I don't run away from anyone!" Katsuki's eyes widened as his thoughts were verbalized from Deku's mouth. "That's what you were thinking right?"
The greenette stepped backward and held his hands and arms out.

"Then fight me! Fight me Bakugou!"

Katsuki lunged. You... you of all people can't call me that! He thrust his right arm forwards only for it to be caught by Deku and for himself to be swung over the shorter boy's shoulder, landing harshly on his back.
"Tsk tsk, always with the right hook, Bakugou."
Katsuki growled and got up. He immediately sent an explosion in Deku's direction causing the greenette to dodge. When he did, Katsuki's hand was right in his face already setting off an explosion.

Deku jumped backward. "What's got you so angry, Bakugou?" He was charred but not out of fighting energy. Shut up!
He lunged again but Deku spun out of the way and kicked him in the side, metal connecting with Katsuki's ribcage.

Kick, explosion, mock, punch, kick, explosion, jeer, punch. The two stopped multiple feet away, both panting.
"What's wrong? You tired Baku-"

"SHUT UP!" Both boys were taken back by Katsuki's sudden outburst. "Y-you can't c-call me that." Katsuki felt his voice crack from disuse over many months but he carried on.