New Year's Special

Ok, so just like the Christmas Special, this was originally posted on AO3 and written on New Year's. Even so, I thought that you all deserved to see it and read it as well so here it is! New Year's Special.

_______________________________

For story context, it is still August 2020 in the fanfic. Not January 2021.

_______________________________

DEKU DAYS!

-January 1, 2021

Drum roll please!

*cricket cricket*

Thanks guys.

HAPPY NEW YEARS FRIENDS!!! It is officially the new year so yayayayay!

Without further a due... RANDOM FACT!

Did you know that it is considered good luck to eat black-eyed peas and ham on New Year's Eve? It's supposed to give you good wealth the next year so get chowing down friends!

Well, friends, I can gladly say that I don't have to worry about being beaten in any way this year, you know, having run away and all. Unless heroes come and screw that up but we will keep moving forward regardless!

Well, friends? Any New Year's resolutions? Hope or dreams you hope to accomplish? I know I do. Overthrowing society and making a safe haven for the quirkless and the rejected. But we know that already so tell me yours in the comments! I may be a 'villain' in the eyes of the heroes, which I hate that name, but I care about you all.

Well, friends, Happy New Year's! I wish you all the best!

-DEKU

_______________________________

Izuku sat with Dad in his room staring at the clock.

"Ten... Nine... Eight..."

Izuku clenched his fists tightly, well he thinks he did. Can't feel them still, haha.

"Seven... Six... Five..."

Dad squeezed Izuku's shoulders. He was sitting behind him, leaning over his shoulders.

"Four... Three... Two..."

They watched the time flip and threw up their hands.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!"

Izuku turned to his adoptive father and they hugged each other tightly. He did not care if it stifled his already hard breathing. Dad let go and looked at Izuku in the eyes.

"It has been a long year and with the war raging on, it will be another long year. But I am, as your father and comrade, going to be with you all the way. Even if you go insane, lose who you are, and split into three people again." Izuku chuckled. "I am serious, Izuku," Dad said firmly. "I have never been more proud of you than I am now. Not Mikumo, not Deku. I am proud of YOU, Izuku, and proud to call you my son for many more years to come."

Izuku felt tears well up in his eyes. Loss of sanity or not, he was so glad he could feel the emotions welling up inside of his right now. He wiped one away.

"Th- thanks, Dad. Thank you for staying my dad after everything. I hope to be your son for many more years to come as well!" The greenette could have sworn he felt the dog tag representing Mikumo twitch a bit. He smiled softly.

"Happy New Year's, Dad."

Dad reached up and ruffled his hair.

"Happy New Year's, Son."

_______________________________

Happy New Year's, friends! Yes, it is officially 2020, not 2021, it is just for the sake of the fic even though it is still August 2020 in the fic. It makes sense in my mind I guess but who knows. Anywho! Happy New Year's, everyone! I wish you all a year, and decade, of blessings and hope and joy!