Call To Arms

Shoto sighed, exasperated, as he walked down the streets at night. Endeavor had kicked him out for being "ungrateful", and told the bicolored teen that he should find "a new place to sleep for the night" if he was going to be this way. Jerk. What if I never came back huh? Your prized doll just off and left?
Shoto inwardly chuckled to himself. Outwards he was just as apathetic as he always was.
Even if he did leave, Shoto would have hell to pay when he was inevitably found. It was just wishful thinking.

Shoto passed by an alleyway when something suddenly grabbed his forearm. Before he even had the chance to shout out, a hand was over his mouth and he was pulled into the darkness. WHAT THE HELL!?

Shoto started to form ice in his hand when the unidentified figure leaped backward. "Wait," it said. "Wait, wait, wait." Shoto glared at the man. When his eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness of the alley, Shoto was met with the face of none other than Izuku Midoriya. He was well known for being the kid that ran away and started the infamous Quirkless Rejects.

I guess they really did find his mask at the USJ, thought Shoto because this teen obviously was uncovered. That little smiley face on the teen's cheek was very creepy considering the time of night and the fact that this boy, who was probably Shoto's age, was a villain.

"Why should I?" growled Shoto. "If anything, I should turn you in, Midoriya."

The greenette put his left hand up, the other one on his forehead. "Stop right there. Don't call me that. I'm Deku, Izuku isn't here."

"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Take that as you'd like to," shrugged Midoriya. "I didn't drag you here to talk about me though. I wanna talk about you." Shoto narrowed his eyes but otherwise showed no emotion, like usual.

"I was curious," continued Midoriya, leaning on the walls of the building, "as to what the life of a child of the number two hero is like."

"Why would I tell you?"

Midoriya shrugged again. "I mean, it can't be easy. How did you get that scar? Did Endeavor do that?"

"No-" he was cut off.

"Does he beat you? Hurt you? Burn and bruise you?" Shoto froze. What? How...

"How does he know this?" His eyes widened. "That's what you were thinking, right?" Midoriya pushed himself off the wall and placed a hand on his own chest. He grinned.

"How? Because I'm the same!" Ha? "Beat by my mom, bullied by my peers, mocked for the one thing that made me different. It sucks right?"

Shoto scowled. "Don't compare me to you, villain." Midoriya's eye twitched. "Then how much are we different? Please, enlighten me."

And that's just what Shoto did. If you were to ask the bicolored male why he told a total stranger about the quirk marriage, the story of his scar, the "training" that he received from his legal guardian, Shoto honestly couldn't tell you. He couldn't give an answer as to why he told this... this villain why he didn't use his fire, something that could be used against him. Maybe it was that the two did, in fact, have many similarities in their pasts or because he just needs to get it off his chest. It felt good to tell someone.

"If you could change it, would you?" Shoto stared at the greenette, not expecting a question that mirrored his own wishes. Midoriya smirked.
"The past can't be changed, Todo, but the future can. You could have the suckiest past but if you let that hold you back, you'll never reach your full potential. Honestly, listening to you sickens me. Here you are complaining about this powerful quirk you've got that could help you, and almost guarantee you a spot as one of the top heroes when I never even got a quirk in the first place and have had to deal with that and the junk that comes with being quirkless. But I can sympathize. So, instead of wallowing in your self-pity, why don't you challenge fate? Make your own destiny?"