Prepare To Start A War

BREAKING NEWS:

DEKU, LEADER OF THE QUIRKLESS REJECTS, AND ALL FOR ONE HAVE BEEN BROKEN OUT OF TARTUS!

"Yesterday, several members of the Quirkless Rejects broke into Tartus using a warp-like quirk to rescue their leader and also, apparently, the villain, famous for his battle against All Might, All For One. Four heroes sadly died as they tried to stop the Quirkless Rejects. Their funerals will be held in two days and all of their fans are welcomed to come."

"Sherri, it would seem that the world is at a crossroads. The deaths of the heroes will not go over well with the public but many have already accepted the war and the fact that this is bound to happen and they are still supporting the Quirkless Rejects. The heroes, on the other hand, are tense and await the next move. They are all angry that they can do nothing more than defend themselves and the public from the Quirkless Rejects. In an interview from our own Death Arms, he himself said that he feels 'helpless against the enemy and like putty in their hands' but that he also 'will never give up. The villains will not win. Good will always prevail over evil.'"

"I hope so, Shawn. These are hard times. The world leaders have set up a 'round table' of sorts to try and defend their own countries against the threat of the Quirkless Rejects. They are still unsure of what it is that the Quirkless Rejects want but all world leaders refuse to back down.

It would seem that they, too, are ready to officially declare war against the Quirkless Rejects. The 'Round Table', as the world has deemed it as well, has planned to meet with Deku, leader of the Quirkless Rejects in person over the matter soon but we do not have all of the details just yet."

"We don't need to know them all, Sherri, to understand what is happening. We will be there to guide you, Japan, updating you on the war as it comes and while it is happening. Stay safe, Japan. Stay safe, World."

_______________________________

Shouta sat in the chair next to Izuku's bed. Izuku was under the blankets and resting with a cloth over his eyes and noise-canceling headphones over his ears. Two days ago he was rescued from Tartus and has been running a fever ever since. Shouta almost had a heart attack when Izuku collapsed as soon as he came through the warp gate.

Later that day Jester explained to him why. It angered Shouta so much to think that he suffered in that torturous way and Shouta was not there to protect them.

"Permanent hearing loss."

Shouta turned his attention back to the doctor in the room. "Excuse me?" The lab-coated man nodded. "These are a much weaker form of noise-canceling headphones, they will not block everything out. In about a week we will remove them and give him an even weaker set. The plan is to slowly get him used to sounds that aren't targeted towards blowing out his eardrums. A week after that he should be ready to go without them but Chief Deku will more than likely have hearing loss for the rest of his life..." The doctor trailed off when he looked at Shouta. Shouta guessed that he probably wasn't making that happy of a face so he turned his attention back on Izuku.

The doctor cleared his throat. "We can get him fitted for a set of hearing aids..."

His voice lulled into the background. Shouta really wasn't listening. He ran his pale hand through his son's hair.

Some father I am.

_______________________________

Izuku woke with a start. He jolted up, a pair of headphones sliding off his head and a cloth falling on his lap. He felt a couple of hands on his shoulders and practically freaked out.