Next Course Of Action

Starting the next week, Izuku began traveling around to each city to collect the quirks. He had notified the mayors of each and the quirked had gathered in the middle of each for the arrival of their Chief. Most of the mayors were former branch leaders.

Izuku got out of the car in the first city with Honey, Doctor, and Todoroki. While both of them worked as doctors in a hospital in Aequalis, they both took leave to travel with Izuku and monitor his vitals as well as take care of any backlashes anyone may have from their quirk being taken.

It was obvious that many were nervous but they all understood the necessity of this. Izuku stepped forward, Todoroki and Doctor on either side of him. He took a deep breath.

"Thank you all for complying with this and for contributing to the safe haven that this country provides." They all grinned and nodded. "Is everyone prepared?"

"Yes, Chief!"

Izuku grinned. "Alright, who is first." They formed a line and a well-built man stepped forward. Well, they were all 'well-built' since they were technically all soldiers of the Quirkless Rejects. "What is your quirk?" Izuku asked him. "I twist my limbs." Izuku was once again reminded that those with quirks here were 'rejected' because of the oddity or weakness of them for the most part. Some had really strong ones and joined because they supported the cause. Izuku nodded. "Okay, this may hurt." The man seemed to steel himself. He nodded sharply. Izuku pulled off his glove and pocketed it. He raised his hand and flexed it as he had done before. The black and red metallic tendril came from his index finger. He bit his lip and pointed it at the man. Izuku shot it out. The man gasped when it entered his shoulder. Izuku winced. He felt the blood travel into it. Izuku felt a little warmth, like a light in the dark. He closed his eyes and imagined himself reaching out for it. He 'grabbed' it and pulled. The man choked. Izuku withdrew the tendril and stumbled a bit. Doctor grabbed his shoulders and Todoroki grabbed the man's.

"Are you alright, Chief?" Doctor whispered. Izuku felt a small squeeze in his chest but it went away. It was probably All For One's quirk block that held back other quirks. Izuku nodded.

He stood up straight. The man had a hole in his shirt with blood around it. Okay, so I'll choose a non-clothed area next time. "Try using your quirk." The man huffed and stood up. He lifted his arm. A second passed with the man looking confused. "I- it isn't working." Izuku nodded and lifted his own arm. He strained a bit but it eventually twisted awkwardly. It felt weird so Izuku put it back. "Well, it worked. Thank you. Todoroki will ice over your wound and after the day is over we will heal it. Also, we will get you a replacement shirt." The man nodded. "Thank you, Chief Deku."

He wondered why the man would thank him but then again, he did take away the thing others had rejected him for.

That was how it went for the day. By the end of the day, he had about 100 quirks, a hand cramp, and a headache. Most of the population was already quirkless so it wasn't that many. Todoroki and Doctor were in the medical tent for the night patching up wounds while Izuku went to stay at a hotel. He sat on the bed. The owner of the hotel tried to let him stay for free but Izuku held strong in contributing to the economy and paid.

Izuku laid his hearing aids and face gear to the side before getting into his pajamas. Honey laid down by his feet. He lifted his hand. A soft purple, sparkly cloud emitted from it. He could control it too. It swirled around in his palm. It was kind of soothing. He had gotten it from a little girl who had not yet developed her quirk. All For One had a side ability of detecting who had a quirk, he guessed so he felt that she was going to develop it. Izuku took the quirk factor from her so it didn't hurt as much for her since it had yet to manifest. Just the initial prick. He was glad for that because he'd had to inflict that kind of pain on thousands of children. One of the quirks amplified quirks so hers evolved faster when he got it. That's how he was using it.