We've Got A Plan

Deku leaped over a gap in the buildings, Jodie following swiftly behind. He was supposed to be taking down a criminal but his mind was elsewhere. Eraserhead must have lost his mind! The pro hero had suggested kidnapping Uraraka and kil- No, not killing her. Just eliminating her as a threat. That doesn't necessarily mean we have to kill her. We could always convert her but Mikumo promised her that he wouldn't try to. Then again, I'm not Mikumo. For her into silence? A Bakugou scenario. Make her incapable of being a hero? I need to talk to-

"Chief," Jodie whispered. He stopped on a rooftop and turned to her. "What's wrong, Butterfly?" That was her code name for jobs like this. The Lights have been looking at candidates to replace Doom and Bubblegum as main members and Jodie was one of them. They thought it would be beneficial to the few quirked members to have her, quirked herself with broken butterfly wings, as a Light as well. She had also contributed to the Quirkless Rejects quite a lot and Deku specifically remembered her from Quirkless Pals, he remembered someone commenting that they had her quirk. She didn't have a costume yet, just all black, and wouldn't until they officially decided if she would be a Light or not.

"Chief Deku, you are doing it again," she huffed. "Are you sure you are ready for this?"

He nodded. "I was mumbling wasn't I?" She nodded. "Sorry, old habit. Let's keep going." He returned to the chase. The two were actually chasing a criminal who they had found earlier and he assumed the man knew who they were considering how fast he fled the scene. Still, he had a young woman's purse and Deku and Jodie were in hot pursuit

I can think about that later but for now...

Deku dropped down in front of the man, effectively stopping him. Jodie dropped behind him so he couldn't escape.

Deku's sunglasses turned happy.

"You know, many low lives like you have been getting cocky thinking that we won't come for you now that we are so popular." He grinned beneath the mask. "You were wroooong."

The man growled and rushed forward. Deku spun on his heel and kicked the man in the ribs. The man wobbled backward into Butterfly who promptly took his head and smashed it against the wall. The man wasn't down yet. He wobbled on his feet but nevertheless lunged again, for Butterfly this time.

She punched forward but he dodged and lobbed the purple-haired girl across the face. She stumbled back before recollecting herself and spun around. She wrapped the man in her wings before spinning harshly and letting go. The criminal went twirling towards Deku. The greenette jumped off a wall and kicked out, metal sole connecting with the man's face and causing them both to fall down, the man laying on the floor with Deku standing over him and his foot on the criminal's face. Deku sighed and smiled. A small trickle of blood came from the back of the criminal's head and nose.

"Whew! Man, I missed this!" He turned to Butterfly. "Are you okay?" She rubbed her cheek. "Yeah. Just a little sore."

He chuckled and bent down to tie up the criminal. "Well, it is your first time. You'll get used to it soon enough."

"Does this mean I'm going to be made a Light?!"

"Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves."

Deku took a deep breath. Yeah, breathing was harder alright. He hauled the man onto his shoulder. "We still have a couple of members to give a trial run then we will do a public vote in front of the group," he began walking, Butterfly following. "It will also be posted on the website, whoever is chosen, that is."

They followed the path he knew by heart to the police station. "All I'm saying is," Deku sat the man down on the steps, "that you are pretty high up on the list." He smirked, handing Butterfly a purple sharpie that she took.