• 4 •

~ 3 weeks later~

It's been about 3 weeks since I had broke out of prison. When having the last conversation with the person who helped me break out, he told me visitation on every third Sunday. And today was that Sunday.
I did consider for me to go and meet him, I kinda thought of not going because the attachment to him is just going to hold me back. But, it's only for 14 minutes. How bad can that be?
I got out of bed and went to my closet and pulled out a black shirt with 'Outlawed' imprinted on it in gold. With it was some acid washed denim jeans and some converse. I went into my bathroom and did my morning routine. After that, I put on my favorite jacket and put on the key necklace, tucking it under my shirt and jacket.
I grabbed my house keys, car keys, wallet, and phone. I locked up the house before going into the garage, opening the door, and turning on my vehicle. Then, I drove off to Happy Trails Penitentiary.

I had arrived at the prison to see an empty parking lot. I wondered why no one was parked. Is it because no one wanted to meet any of these people? I could kinda relate if I was still in that prison. No one ever really visited me in my house except for Mark.
My family isn't really the visiting type. My mother didn't make it when I was born and my father hated me for that.
I remembered him saying that he wished I didn't exist because it was my fault that my mother didn't make it. But he kept me because he only saw me as a tool. I was an only child and that sucked because you didn't have anyone close to you and help you out.
So I improvised. I started to save the money father gave me because he didn't give two shits about what I did or asked for. Usually, he gave me money to just shut up.
I started to take care of myself, exercise regularly, eating a healthy diet, and keep my mind entertained all at the same time. And through that, I have found many ways to get through things by my own.
But the childhood I lived gave me some negative qualities. It made me have trust issues, stubbornness, and a bit cocky.

As these memories and thoughts flowed, I have arrived at the main entrance. I looked to my side to see the the gate that he helped me with. I smiled a bit and I walked in.
There stood the same lady when she was checking Mark's bag. She looked up from her computer and put on a fake smiled.
"Welcome to Happy Trails Penitentiary. How can I help you?"
"Visitation." I said, approaching her.
She seemed confused and went to her computer.
"I'll need your ID." She said.
Then my whole body became frozen. No, I didn't forget my wallet. It's just if they see my true identity, then they'll lock me up here again.
I shakily got out my wallet and gave her my ID. She examined it and had put on a face. She slowly typed in my number and I could see my profile with my picture on it. She turned to me and hesitantly gave back my card. I grabbed it with a drop of sweat on my forehead.
"Enjoy your..."
"Thank you for your service!" I said quickly and rather loudly and I walked off into the hallway where a officer with a police baton in hand.
"Who are you visiting?" He asked.
I filled the lump in my throat and cleared it afterwards.
"Yancy." I said.
He had a shocked expression and got out his radio.
"Bring Yancy in, please." He said.
"10-4." The other person responded.

The officer guided me into a room and let me sit down in a metal chair. The chair was so cold it made my ass numb.
I had waited for a few minutes until I heard the door open. I suddenly looked down, my face getting hot.
I could feel someone now in front of me.
"You only have 14 minutes. Don't dare to try anything." I heard the officer say and closed the door with a loud clank.
I just sat there, head hanging down.
"Who are youse?..." I heard him ask.
I looked up to see him. He was still a bit scarred up from the fight we have caused.
"You may not believe me, b-but I'm (Y/N)." I stuttered, brushing some hair out of my face.
I looked in his chocolate brown eyes as he came closer to my face, also looking in my eyes. He squinted and then his eyes opened.
"(Y/N)?" He asked.
I chuckled, brushing some hair over my ear.
"Y-yeah." I said nervously.
"I didn't actually think youse would visit me." He said.
"How can I not visit my friend?" I asked him.
He softly gasped as I said that.
"I-I am youse's friend?" He asked.
I crossed my arms, tilting my head to the left, trying to hide my flustered face.
"Yeah, you helped me get out. Don't you deserve something more than a stranger?" I asked.
I heard him chuckle.
"I guess I did help you. I thought youse didn't want to visit me based on my past." He said, rubbing his neck.
I smiled slightly and I became comfortable with showing my face now. We just sat there in silence, staring at each other.
"So, uh, how is prison life?" I asked.
"It's been good. Had some good times with the family. And with the warden." He said.
When he mentioned the warden, my body froze. I didn't like the warden because he always scared the crap out of me.
"How 'bout youse. I know youse is pretty busy when I helped you." He said, gesturing at me.
"Yeah, I've been pretty busy. I almost lost my job, but it's okay." I said.

When then continued to talk about what we have been doing since I broke out. Talking about our social life, and sometimes, wished that I could come back here and be in here.
But I told Yancy that I had something out there this is worth something. He was heartbroken at this but I assured him that it's alright.
Soon, 14 minutes were up and Yancy needed to get back. We said goodbye to each other and he disappeared in the hallway and into the main part of the prison.
I felt my heart was heavy and I slowly walked to the front entrance.

When I arrived, thought, the warden and an officer was blocking the entrance. My heart started to thump and pump faster than ever.
"Well, well, well. Look who came back?" He said in a devious voice.
He walked up to me, towering over me. Fear built inside of me as I walked back in a corner.
"You are not going to escape again." He said deeply as he grabbed my arm and swung me to the wall.
I hit the wall on my face and I could feel liquid pouring down my nose.
I lifted my hand to my nose to see my blood. The warden grabbed my shirt and he pulled me down onto the floor. He chuckled deeply as he gradually walked towards me.
In the corner of my eye, the officer saw that this was going to far. But he didn't do anything about it.
The warden applied his foot on my chest, putting pressure on it. He started to chuckle as I attempted to get his foot off.
"You fucking sadistic prick!" I yelled.
He applied more pressure to the point where I was making loud grunts and groans.
"Warden. That is enough." The officer finally spoke up.
The warden sneered at me and took his foot off of me and gave me a final punch. He punched my lip, causing it to bruise and bleed and some parts of the area was busted too.
"Get 'em cleaned up and put the in solitary." Warden ordered as he straightened his suit and walk off.
The officer looked at him with a quiet 'yes, sir.' He walked towards me and helped me up, but I growled at him as he tried to help me.
My nose stopped bleeding and the officer brought me to the health office.
He set me down on a mattress and I growled at my actions.
Why was I so stupid to come here and met this prisoner? It's his fault that I was brought here. His magnetic nature and charm has convinced my mind and manipulated me. Why am I so stupid?!
These questions filled my brain and it was cut off by the officer closing a cabinet.
He had some tissue, rubbing alcohol, and some small bandages. He put them on the small table next to me and he wet the tissue with the alcohol.
"This might hurt." He said.
"Oh please, getting punched two times in the face is nothing compared to alcohol." I said.
He dabbed the wound and I didn't even make a flinch. After he was finished, he applied the small bandage. He then went to the sink and went a rag. He gave me the rag and I cleaned myself up from the blood that had dried. I gave him back the rag and he laid it on the rim of the sink.
He went into a closet and pulled out the prison uniform. He gave me it politely and I ripped it from his hands rudely.
He led me to one of the changing rooms and I changed into a white shirt with the prisoner pants of stripped white and black.
He then led me to the solitary room with nothing in it. The room was cold and dark, but to be honest, I wanted to be like that right now.
"You'll get out of solitary in about 22-24 hours. Other than that, hope you can heal up in time." He said one last time and closed the door.

I walked to one corner and I curled my legs up to my chest and laid my head in between them.
Can't believe I'm back in prison.
I thought.
Soon I started to get sleepy and I dozed off all alone.