• 32 •

~1 day later ~

Yancy has been staying over at my house for the moment. Since he had gotten out of prison, he doesn't have anything or anyone to go to. Except for me. He may seem tough and a bit intimidating, but he is a really sweet and kind and trustworthy person who could ever ask for.

I was getting ready for work when I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I know I loved him but I was afraid that if I told him that, he would not want me. And him running out of my life was the biggest heartache that I will have. And soon, my heartache with turn into a heartbreak.
"Please don't go. It gets lonely here."
"It's only for 5 hours, now that they still believe I'm still recovering. I'll be back before you know it."
"But it's too long. I want to spend time with youse."
"I'll be back at 1 sharp. Can you wait until then?"
Yancy nodded into my shoulder and let go of me.

I grabbed my key and I locked the door. Before walking out, I gave Yancy a huge hug. Then I walked out giving him a little wave.

• (Big time skip because I'm lazy) •

I had returned back from work to see Yancy not home. On the coffee table in the living room rested a little sticky note. I picked it up and began to read.
I need to do some things. I'll be back soon after youse come back.
I nodded as I rested it back down and I walked into the kitchen, getting out a glass of water.

I looked at the time and said that I have enough time to do some shopping. We're getting low on food and I need to get some that will last us for a while. I put down the glass by the sink and I locked the door then walking towards the store.

I had arrived and I was a bit cautious of my surroundings. This was the first time I met Carl and this place brings back the memories. I knew I should have done something when he made that face.

I walked into the bakery section to get some loafs of bread. I always like the bread they bake here. It's so good and it always gives back the good memories. After getting two, I walked into where the drinks were. Not alcohol because I didn't like the time I first drank. Getting a couple of water packs and then some snacks. I just got a bag of chips and then some more cookie dough because the cookies last time were good. Then getting a couple more things, I walked to one of the cashiers. This time it was a lady. Bit short and had a dark violet red hair.

She scanned my things fast and I paid for them. She wished me a good day and I did the same. Grabbing my stuff and waving her a goodbye, but she was already busy with someone else. I shrugged and walked out.

I got home to see that the door was still locked. That took me like a couple of hours because I am horrible at shopping and that takes my time up. The sun was setting and I started to get worried. I slowly unlocked the door and I saw the lights were off. If Yancy was here, he would turn on at least a small lamp. But the whole thing was dark. I walked in and turned on the dim light lamp that I really need to fix and I saw little pink rose petals on the floor. Thinking that there is no need to do this I started to get suspicious. I followed the path to which at the end of the hall stood Yancy in a black tie suit and his hands were behind his back.

I smiled as I put down the bags and I gave him a hug. He hugged back and he looked into my eye. He brushed some of my hair that fell on my face and brushed it behind my ear. I giggled at his touch and I became curious.
"Why are you all dressed nicely?"
"Because I wanted to ask youse a question."
My face became hot and to this point, I was used to it.
"Go ahead."
"Would y-youse like to go....."
He stopped mid sentence and he kneeled down on one knee and he held up a white rose.
"Would youse like to go on a date with me?"
I raised my hands to my mouth and gasped. Then the corners of my mouth curled upwards and I nodded my head.
"Yes. I would love that!"
I jumped into Yancy's arms, making him fall back. He both laughed and we were about to go when I didn't look as nice as Yancy. I told him to wait and I ran into my room, immediately going to my closet.