• 14 •

Waking up to a new day in prison has become a part of me now. I wake up before the guards shake the bars to wake us up.
Yancy, on the other hand, has become more sleepy. I always have to wake up him by calling his name or shaking his shoulder gently.
Again, daily morning routine is to wash up, brush up, and sometimes shower up. After that, breakfast which is sometimes cold cereal or hot along with carton milk and fruit.
All of us sit at a lunch table, either snarfing down our food, or just talking about regular stuff.
Bam Bam said he used to be a skilled stunt teacher/coach. Sparkles said that he had a job of a bartender. Jimmy was a bouncer at a casino. And others did the regular jobs such as an engineer, psychologist, chemist, etc.
Throughout the whole thing, I noticed that Yancy was being silent. I wanted to talk to him about what's wrong, but I didn't want to bother him. So I kept silent.
They soon asked me what I had as a career and I said that I am a spy. But not much. I don't go on missions that much, only when it calls for emergencies. I told them about how Mark and I went on this heist and stole a box from there. We got chased out of the museum and forced to choose two choices. Helicopter is, obviously, the best choice since it'll make you look like a badass. But that didn't go as plan as we didn't know how to drive one. We ended up in prison and soon got out thanks to Yancy. Then, that didn't remain long before I got caught and got put in here again.
One asked me what was in the box. I just told them I had it taken away from me by my boss when I had gotten back to my work. Even though Yancy gave it to me and I opened it and it is now literally wrapped around my neck.
They understood and that's when we finished our breakfast.

The bell rang once more and we all started our day. Yancy and I walked outside, with my book in hand, and we continued to read chapters. Mostly I did the reading.
We both laid on our stomachs, arms supporting our upper torso, and I hand the book in both hands while Yancy had his head resigning in my hands, looking on the paper, following my reading.
We stayed like that when we finished the whole dragon section of the book. The next was about war and peace.
"Maybe we should save this one for some other time." I requested, already closing the book.
"What should we do to pass time?" Yancy asked, getting in a crisscrossed position.
I shrugged my shoulders and an idea popped up.
"Wanna go on another round of cards?" I asked, a competitive smirk creeping on the edges of my mouth.
Yancy had a hesitate face then.
"Youse's just gonna beat me again, I know it." He said, crossing his arms and pouting.
I put on my best puppy eyes and I curled my bottom lip like a child not getting an ice cream cone. Yancy widen his eyes and he struggled to keep his decision.
"Fine." He said, getting up and offering his hand.
I wanted to accept it, but didn't.
I slightly shook my head and I got up on my own. I know Yancy is sensitive and he gets upset easily. I took a sneak peek of his face and it didn't have a hint of sadness, which is good.

We walked inside to see no one in the cafeteria. We walked in a room where it had all these activities like board games such as checkers and chess.
I got out the deck and we sat across from each other. I shuffled the cards and I asked him what game we should play.
"No Crazy 8. Youse is a pro at it." He complained.
He put his hand under his chin.
"Poker." He said.
"We don't have any chips or anything." I said.
"We'll do without. Let's have some fun." He said, waving his hand off.
I had finished and I put the deck in front of him. He split it in two and I gathered it up, and gave each of us two cards and put down the three facing up.
In my hand, I had a 9 of spade and a queen of heart. The cards in front were 9 of diamond, queen of spade, and a spade of ace.
Yancy had a gleam in his eyes and I could tell he has something good. For me, I didn't have anything. But if I get either a heart or club of 9 in either one or both cards, I'll have a three or four of a kind.
I drew the one card and it was a 7 of heart. Yancy still didn't fold and I was getting nervous. I still didn't get the card I needed.
I drew the last card and, luckily, it was a 9 of a heart. Yancy still had the gleam and I thought that I had won this round.
"Show your hand." I said.
He showed me it and he had two pairs. One pair of queen spade and a pair of spade of ace.
"Best that," he said crossing his arms and leaning in his chair.
"You are good," I sighed. "But, not good enough." I said, turning my cards over to reveal my three of a kind. His eyes widen.
"Youse have got to be cheating." He said.
"Hey, I've had my experiences." I said.
He grumbled and gathered the cards and shuffled them himself. Just then, the door opened and we saw that Bam Bam and Jimmy and Sparkles came walking through the door. They saw us and walked over to us.
"What ya playing?" They asked.
"Poker."
"Winner." I said, holding my hand.
Yancy grumbled as he just gave the cards instead of letting me split.
I got my cards to see a not so good hand. I have a 10 of heart and a jack of spade. The revealing cards are an ace of diamond, queen of heart, and 2 of spade. Such a crappy hand.
Yancy drew another card to reveal a jack of heart. At least I have a pair. But I felt that wasn't enough. I felt Bam Bam walk to my side and winced at my hand.
Yancy drew the last card and it was a king of diamond.
Only one cruddy pair.
Yancy turned his hand over to see two pairs. One pair of 2 and the other ace of diamond. I turned over my card to show my pair of jacks.
I covered my embarrassed face and I could sense Yancy's competitive smirk as he pushed the cards to me. I shuffled it and I, as well, didn't let him get the chance to split it.
I had a decent hand. 9 of diamond and 9 of spade. Already a pair. The showing cards were king of spade, queen of diamond, and 9 of heart.
That same gleam appeared in his eyes. I drew another card and it was a 5 of diamond. I could see that I may have a possibility of having a full house. I drew another card and it was a 5 of heart. I had gotten my full house.
Yancy showed his hand to reveal a straight. Our friends looked at me, waiting in suspense to see what I have. I made an innocent smile and I showed my full house. They all bursted in laughter and they pointed at Yancy. He grunted.
I made a slight chuckle. Yancy heard it and turned my way. I put my hand over my mouth, and didn't dare to let my corners of my mouth curl up but my cheekbones made it obvious I was hiding the smile. I heard him give a chuckle and we continued to play more games.