• 26 •

The evening was warm and soothing. Since they sold my car, I am forced to walk to wherever I had to go. I didn't mind, I usually walk to get to my ways anyway, so not a big deal. I'm really sarcastic!

Walking on the side of the road of the city I lived in, going out of it. The damp twigs under my feet managed to become flexible and not break at all when I apply pressure. I could see the eyes on me when people in their vehicles pass by. Maybe didn't want to get in a situation.

My legs were getting sore and bit of discomfort was forming. The sun was going down and I was afraid I wasn't going make it when they go to sleep. Not to mention I may have to sneak in and that would take a bit. It was faster when Mark and I went on that heist because we were a duo. Now it's just me. It's more complicated when it's just you. Unless you're a professional and I am no professional.

The cars passing by made that hum when going faster than usual. It wasn't fun walking beside a road because you're afraid someone will hit you. I don't want my blood to be smeared across something people go on everyday! I would want it to be a brave way to die. Not in some car crash.

I had arrived at the penitentiary and it was now night time. I looked on my watch to see it was 8:30. I have about and hour and 30 minutes. It'll take me a bit to pass the guards and not to be seen. If they do, what would they do if they catch me? I know I'll be thrown back behind bars, but there is no way they'll accept me back a third time. Worst yet, they might put me in the prison where that monster, Carl, is currently in. I don't want that!

I hid in the bushes in the forest and I could see the searchlights circling around the whole thing along with guards beside them. I timed how long each light makes a whole circle. 1 minute and 35 seconds. If I sprint towards the gate, my body will go against the wall and the guards won't be able to see me.

I waited until the circle was complete and I started to run when it started all over. My leg was getting tired and I thought of running back. But I won't make it that long. I misplaced my footing and I tripped on my knees. I grunted to see the searchlight coming near me. I started to panic as I crawled up and I ran to the tree that was a few feet next to me.

The searchlight came around and I timed my watch again and I sprinted towards the building. It wasn't really that far and I would've made it if it wasn't for my wound. It started to get sore while running and I thought it was going to be bad for my health. But I wanted to see Yancy and I will do anything to spend a second with him.

I backed up against the wall in time before the light could rest it's blinding source upon my frail body. I could hear a conversation with the guard that was next to the light.
"Yancy has been quiet since he left that other person, (Y/N)."
"Yeah, he probably likes 'em, but we have a strict rule on prisoners getting into relationships."
"If this was high school, they'd be sweethearts."
I blushed at the thought of me and Yancy being high school sweethearts. I didn't have a boyfriend or anything like that in my life. And Yancy is close to that point...

Back on task! I walked along the cold stone brick wall and to where the gate was where Yancy had our first break up. I looked around my surroundings, pulled out the key over my head, and inserted it into the key placement. I turned and I small click came and the gate swung open with a loud creak. I winced at the loud noise and I waited in case someone heard. Assuming no one did, I took a step past the opening and a heard a voice.
"Did you hear that?"
"What?"
"There was a loud creak, like someone opening a door."
"I didn't hear anything. Grey, I'm becoming concerned of your well being. Are you okay?"
"I am!"
"Well, first you thought you say something. Now you're hearing things. Maybe we need to get your new prescription and maybe a hearing aid."
"Whatever."
I sigh and I walk to the court, very carefully. I looked at the windows to see it the lights turned off. Everyone must be asleep and guards are on duty. Guards will be walking everywhere. Midnight is where they all go but I don't have that much time! I....never mind.