• 29 •

We walked over to where the bonfire was and music instantly filled the air. A band on three were playing, one playing the guitar, one playing a violin, and the last one a tambourine. They were playing folklore music? I don't know. All I can play is the guitar and that is all I need. We arrived at the fire and people danced around the fire like some sort of gathering. We listened to their beautiful music and I closed my eyes, taking in the melody.
"They have a beautiful voice."
I looked up at Yancy and he had red forming below his eyes.
"Your voice is more angelic than theirs. The most amazing and beautiful than all of the voices I ever heard."
I looked down instantly and I looked back up, red flowing.

The song had stopped and people applauded. We even applauded as well. People noticed us and they asked if we would like to join in. We were a bit hesitant at first, but we joined in anyways. The next they were going to play was a love song. I blushed and they wanted all of us to find a partner. Yancy wrapped his arms around my waist and I rested my hands on his shoulders. They started to play the tune to the song. (Cue song above)

We started to put our body weight on each foot, making us rock side to side. It still felt awkward because Yancy and I only danced two times and I still like him as a friend. But I just can't help but feel more for him.

🎵When I look into your eyes.
It's like watching the night sky.
Or a beautiful sunrise.
Well, there's so much they hold.
And just like them old stars.
I see that you've come so far.
To be right where you are.
How old is your soul?

🎵Well, I won't give up on us.
Even if the skies get rough.
I'm giving you all my love.
I'm still looking up.

🎵And when you're needing your space.
To do some navigating.
I'll be here patiently waiting.
To see what you find.

🎵'Cause even the stars, they burn.
Some even fall to the earth.
We've got a lot to learn.
God knows we're worth it.
No, I won't give up.

🎵I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily.
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make.
Our differences, they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts.
We got yeah, we got a lot at stake.
And in the end, you're still my friend, at least we did intend.
For us to work, we didn't break, we didn't burn.
We had to learn, how to bend without the world caving in.
I had to learn what I got, and what I'm not.
And who I am.

🎵I won't give up on us.
Even if the skies get rough.
I'm giving you all my love.
I'm still looking up.

🎵Well, I won't give up on us.
God knows I'm tough enough.
We got a lot to learn.
God knows we're worth it (And were worth it.)

🎵I won't give up on us.
Even if the skies get rough.
I'm giving you all my love.
I'm still looking up.

The song has ended and we all stopped and applauded. I was trying hard not to cry and I shuffled my nose. Yancy put his arm around me and hugged me. I smiled and I leaned my head against his. People noticed this and they all made the noise 'aww'. My face flushed and I hid it by looking up at Yancy, but that encouraged them more.

We were about to go when a little girl approached us. She held out two garlands to us. I smiled and I accepted mine and so did Yancy. We thanked her and we put them one. Mine had small daises in them and Yancy's had some pink ones. It was so cute.

I looked at my watch to see it was almost early in the morning. The sun wasn't up and we needed to get back to the prison before they all wake up. I looked at Yancy.
"We should get going now."
"Yeah, I guess we should."
When walking, I started to get cold and Yancy took of his, well my, leather jacket and put it over me. I smiled and we walked.

We first took a stop at my house because Yancy's clothes were still there. He quickly got changed and we continued out the door.