• 27 •

[These next few chapters will be a bit short. Just giving you a heads up. -LJ]

We walked beside each other, not making any conversation whatsoever. I rubbed the back of my neck, sweat coming down my forehead as I bit my lip and I cringed at this awkward silence. My palms were getting sweaty and I pushed them into my pockets and looking the opposite way of where Yancy was at.
"So, uh, how has youse been when I left?"
"I have been good. A friend has been looking after me when I left the hospital."
"Who?"
"My friend Mark."
"Who is this Mark?"
"He...he is a really good person. Helped when I needed it."
After I said that, I could feel the air tense up around us and my legs became wobbly.
"Any relationships?"
Yancy's voice sounded as though he was trying to hide in the anger. I felt uncomfortable of answering, but I know that I have to give it either way.
"Yeah, he has a girlfriend."
The air got less tense and it made me more comfortable but I wanted to know something.
"Why do you care?"
I turned to Yancy and he looked at me with red all over his face.
"J-Just wanted to k-know."
I nodded slowly and we continued to walk.

In the distance, I could hear the chatter of people communicating. I could see people admiring art and I could see children running after each other and some went to booths to grab either a treat or drink. People took pictures and they all talked. Some people were smoking and drinking and people didn't seem to care.

We walked along the cobblestone road and we admired all the art people have created. We took pictures and we started to get closer. Close enough to caress our fingers together while walking. My face flushed and things started to get hot.

We stopped at one booth to get some snow cones. I had gotten a (Favorite Flavor) and Yancy has gotten a blue coconut flavor.

There was a nearby bench and we walked to it and sat down and we continued to enjoy our sweet treat. I had my hand down beside me and I could feel Yancy's hand lightly grazing his hand over mine. My other hand along with my body had gotten so hot that my snow cone was starting to melt. I quickly finished mine and I trashed it.

Yancy had finished his and we walked through the whole thing again. There was this one booth where people were giving tattoos. We agreed to do one and we sat opposite of each other. I blushed and smile as I asked them to have Yancy's name on my shoulder. Along with mine next to it. This took longer than usual and when it was finished we looked at each other's. Yancy has the same thing instead he has my name first and his and it all was gathered in a heart. He looked at mine and he smiled. I looked at it to see mine was gathered in a heart too. I blushed because that was not what I asked for.

I apologized and apologized but I was cut off but Yancy wrapping his arm around me and held me close. My eyes went wide and I looked up at him. He made a small smile and I smiled back and we walked off the the next destination.