• 16 •

After that little encounter, we just finished our day with some more book reading and card games. Before, I was bored and I didn't want to do the same thing over and over again. But ever since I met Yancy, he had made it so much more entertaining. I mean, my life before was pretty much in shit and very non active. And now, prison is so much better than that. Prison would be the last thing I think about during this time.
Anyway, we finished our day by talking and giving some more interesting stories about ourselves. Eventually we had to go to sleep and dream whatever we dreamed of. Tonight, I didn't have any.

In the morning, just did the sam old, same old. Brush your teeth, wash your face, and shower if you needed to. Then after that is lining up for breakfast. Today, we had some omelets, a drink of water, and some chopped up fruit.
Again, we all sat together, talked while eating and listening to the person talking. For me, I don't talk that much. I'm more of a listener. I listen for things that are interesting and some of them are unsettling. But, here in prison it's more fun and uplifting than out there in the outside world.
Today was another free day. Another where you can do whatever you want. Including things that aren't allowed.
These past few days were...great actually. Like yesterday, for example. Soon after we had that encounter, I thought if I was doing the right thing. What if he just likes me as a friend only? If he does, then why am I doing something that goes beyond his boundary? I thought of that and I quit what I was doing and returned back to the chores for that day.

After that was some small talk, getting to know each other a bit more, and getting glimpses of the other prisoners eyes glaring at us. We both didn't mind as they giggled and snickered like little girls, gossiping on the latest gossip in school.
Some stated in awe, some stared with just no emotion, and some stared with disgust. For the guards, not the prisoners. But they didn't do anything about it.
Everyday was like that, we both would get closer and closer to each other, opening up to one another. Sometimes, we would lean into each other across the table, and sometimes get too close. Too close for my comfort.
A half of me screamed 'NO!' but the other screamed to do it. I didn't know what 'it' meant, so I didn't do 'it.'

Today was like those days. Just sitting across from each other and taking and talking. Soon, we both got bored and I pulled out a deck of cards from my pocket. I gave him an innocent smile, holding out the deck. He made a face filled with suspicion, but gladly accepted my offer to play.
"What should we play?"
"Poker. We haven't continued on who won. If someone wins two in a row, then they'se are the winner." Yancy explained.
Yeah, we haven't gone to the conclusion of who won poker. I shuffled the deck and I gave the deck to Yancy for him to shuffle as well. We noticed that who ever shuffled the deck always win, so we changed it to where the person shuffles one time and the other shuffles after that person.
Yancy drew the cards and I had a 7 of heart and 9 of club. I could work with it.
The showing cards are 10 diamond, king spade, and 2 heart. There isn't really anything to work with here, so I became nervous. I bet Yancy has a better card than me. I looked at his face to see the uncertainty.
He drew another and it was a 8 heart. Now, there is a possibility that I am able to get a jack. If I do, then I'll have a straight. If I don't, then I will just have to fold. Yancy drew the last card and it was a jack. Yes! I had gotten my jack.
He showed his cards to reveal a straight as well. I showed mine. We inspected our cards to come to the realization that Yancy had won. His cards were 9 diamond, 10 diamond, jack heart, queen spade, and kind spade. For me, I had a 7 heart, 8 heart, 9 club, 10 diamond, and jack heart. He has the highest level of cards so in that case, he wins. Ending the whole game. Last time, he had won. And now, he has won this two day game of poker.
He put on his sly smirk and crossed his arms.
"Seems like youse lost." He said.
"I can clearly see that." I said, gathering the cards and putting them away.
"Good game. Seems like youse need more practice."
I shot my head up, remembering those words. Red flooded my cheeks, and I grumbled.
"Don't use my words against me." I said, now putting the cards away.
"And if I don't?" He asked, leaning in.
I leaned in as well. Our faces became so close, the gap between us was now almost gone. I started to close my eyes, until a noise popped at the side of us.
"I'm the third wheeler!!" A prisoner named Heap Ass, that spelled on his arm cast, jumped at the side.
I fell out of my chair and onto the floor, hitting my butt hard against the cold floor.
I rubbed it and my face became a color of red.

Third wheeler?!

(Sorry if this chapter is short. I had no idea on how to make this long and, again, sorry if it's short.)