Grounded

A few days went by before lance got the courage to text Keith. He just didn't know what to say, and he didn't really need help with bullies, Travis won't even look at lance anymore and people are starting to think that lance finally kicked his ass.
Whatever the case lance was enjoying his last months of high school worry free.

At lunch lance was lazily eating his nachos as he typed out his first text to Keith.
"Hiya, it's lance. Just wondering if you're doing okay?"
God should I really send this? He thought.

"Just send it dork." Pidge said while looking over his shoulder.

"Hey, don't look at my phone." He whines at her.

"Is that Keith?"

"Maybe, I'm just checking on him. I know he's strong but he could have twisted an ankle from dodging all Travis' punches. I don't know."

"You're so cute, just send it already."

"Ugh, go away." He playfully pushes her but ended up sending the text.
In just a few minutes he gets a reply.
"Hi lance, I'm doing fine. How are you?"
He immediately responded with,
"I'm doing good at lunch right now. These nachos are great."

"Oh my god. What did I just say?" He slaps himself as he looks at the text he sent. "God, I'm such a dork." He flops his head on the table.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he likes the dorky types."

"Shut up, I'm not trying to flirt with him."

"Are you sure? You haven't developed a crush on the guy who saved you?" Pidge smiles brightly at him.

"No, dude come on. I couldn't be with someone like him, he's probably a lot older than he looks, and besides I've liked nima for a while."

"Right yeah, Nima, the only female beta who acts like an alpha and is super popular because she'll make out with anyone for 10 bucks." Pidge rolled her eyes.

"She would not, you're just jealous."

"Ha. I'm not even going to dignify that with a response." She gets up with her empty tray. "Good day to you, have fun with whoever you want."

"Pidge really."

"I said good day."

Lance continued to text Keith throughout the day, he was in math class and mr. coran was a stickler for phones being out.
"Lance, you gotta be more relaxed and no so obvious. He's gonna see you." Pidge warned.

"He's only gonna notice if you keep leaning over to whisper at me." He pockets his phone and looks at her as he retorted.

"Hey, what did you get for number 4, pidge?" Hunk asked.

"Oh, x is equal to 14."

"What? but I carried the 2 and got 10."

"You don't carry the 2, you round up."

"What? But how?"

Lance went back to texting Keith, and he was boldly holding his phone out on his desk.
He put it down to do some more work, the whole class was silent as the mr. coran came walking towards him, he couldn't feel the tension in the room, too happy to feel anything else.
Once his phone lit up with a small vibration a hand slapped down on it, making him jump.

"Mr. McClain, I do not allow phones in my class." He snatched it off the desk. "You can get it back once school is done."

"Aw come on, it's only 20 minutes." He whined.

"Then it shouldn't be a problem to wait that long. Finish your work."

It was the longest 20 minutes ever! Lance had finished his work, he didn't care if it was right or not. He was just wanting his phone back.