Aftermath

Lance had finally finished his first heat, it was unbearable to say the least.
He lost count of how many times he had to relieve himself.
He was on his way to school when a familiar group stood in front of him.

"There's little Lance, how was your week off?" Asked Adam.

"Leave me alone." He try's to walk past them but Adam stops him.

"I think I have a good idea of why you were off for a week." Adam was very close to his ear, "you just had a heat. Right?"

"It's none of your business." Lance pushes him away.

"No, but Travis is still hung up on you. Don't know why, maybe because you smell like lavender, it is a pretty sweet scent."

Lance turns back to run home, hoping his dad didn't leave for work yet.
"Get back here." The group chases after him.
Lance could see his dad getting into his car, he shouts, "Dad! Dad!"

"Lance?" He noticed the group behind him and flew out of his car running to shield his son.

"Awe, you need your daddy to protect you?"

"You little punks leave him alone. I'm not afraid to beat your asses."

"Yeah, like to see you try old man."

Just then a black suv screeches to a stop in the middle of the road.
James and kinkade jump out, and walk very slowly and intimidatingly towards the bullies.
"Adam, those are members of the Red lions group, right?"

"Shit. I see you have the Red lion wrapped around your finger, Lance."

"Your little bitch ass needs to know your own place." James calls out. "Lance is with the boss. So stop making trouble for him, or else." He cracks his knuckles, and kinkade lifts his shirt a little to show the handle of his gun.

The group ran off without another word.
"Thanks, James." Lance breathes a sigh of relief.
"I haven't met you."

"I'm kinkade. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

"I'm glad Lance has others protecting him. I never imagined a mafia being so, morally right." His dad shook hands with them and then left before he was late for work.

"How do you guys always have such good timing?"

"Eh lucky I guess. But I'm sure Keith told you he's gonna be gone all day, so we will be your ride for today." James smiled.

"Yeah, but he doesn't take me to school usually."

"Well he may have had a feeling someone, would get why you were gone for a week and try something."

"Boss always has good instincts." Kinkade added.

"Yeah but Travis wasn't even with them, that's who tried to attack me the first time."

"Well, we still got your back."

At school the bullies didn't come near Lance, which was great, but he had a feeling something was wrong. Where was travis? And why did they come at Lance without him?
"Pidge, hunk, did you see Travis at all today?"

"No, why?"

"Nope, I don't care for the guy."

"I just have a weird feeling since Adam and the others came at me without him."

They walk out of school and run right into Travis.
"Woah! Where did you come from?" Lance jumped back as a reflex.

"Sorry for scaring you. Um, can we talk?"