34: The Notebook

Chapter Thirty-Four

I drank a lot of coffee after that night, we never said anything about that night. It was really awkward lalo na for me. I know I was the one pursuing it because he initiated at first. I blame it on myself.

I was eager to do it anywhere and if he did not stop me, we would've been expecting a child 3 weeks later.

It was 3 days later before we could even talk through text. I know he was also distant from me. Well, I shouldn't be worried or anxious because we're...not.. in a relationship.

But why am I bothered of him not communicating after what happened?

Anyway, today, Katrina invited me to be at her company. Her company needs someone who could do infographics for their company, and I happen to be also good with that kind of thing since they need it to be attractive and colorful to promote their campaign.

Boring din sa condo nung wala akong kalandian kaya nag decide akong tanggapin 'tong mga ganitong offer since I did a lot of work when I was with Dianne.

After the meeting, Yna and her co-workers invited me to lunch but I refused because I was hoping to go somewhere.

I look at the picture on my phone, "Uhh, I miss you baby..." And stared at it before heading to my direction again.

"Aviona?" Hinanap ko kung kanino galing ang boses na 'yon dahil pamilyar ito at kilala ko nga.. "Akalain mo nga naman!"

"Oh my gosh, Stan!" sabi ko at dali dali siyang niyakap. "You're so tall!" Dahil sobra ang kanyang tinangkad at lumalim din ang boses niya.

"Ba't ka nandito? Pupuntahan mo ba si Archer?" Nagtaka naman ako bakit niya natanong 'yon. "Ay, hindi na ba kayo nagkita pagkatapos nung exhibit?" And that was 3 months ago i think? Wait, how did he know..?

And then a man, wearing a coat with white shirt as an undergarment paired with his leather shoes and tight pants, was walking towards us and holding his phone.

"Ah, h-hindi.. Stan, I really have to go somewhere, see you around! Chat nalang!" I was about to run really fast so that he won't notice that I was even around because he was busy with his phone calls at that minute but..

He called me. And I stopped walking fast. My heart skipped a beat because I was really nervous.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm meeting someone, somewhere."

"Talaga? Or you're just running away from me so we can't talk personally?"

"Hmm, it can be both. Bye!"

Fr: Cairos
Come back here or I'll start telling Stan about our meaningful friendship after we met at the exhibit.

Hays, can I just say.. Damn you, Archer fucking Guevarra.

I'd be running away if he starts telling Nixon about it or even Astros. Pero kay Stan? Oh no, not even Morgan. Ang daldal ng mga iyon at sigurado akong aabot agad iyon sa pamilya nila Archer.

"Hi, Stan!" Hingal kong sabi nang makabalik ako. "Ito pala yung somewhere na pupuntahan ko! Hehe!" Tumawa si Stan at tinignan ko ng masama si Archer

Naunang pumasok si Stan kaya naman nagkatinginan kami, ako, na naiinis sakanya. At siya na malapad ang ngisi sa akin.

He even whispered before we came in, "You know, I bought many condoms to my condo. So that it won't be a problem to your wants or needs."

Namula ako. "Really? I'm planning on being friends with another man that's not you because you're being an ass, eh. Save your condoms nalang.." Pero hindi ako papatalo.