35: The Lunch Date

Chapter Thirty-Five
Just like what we did everyday, he will wait until I'm done with work and we'll have dinner.

He was holding my hands while driving. I remembered our trip. We were both very in love that time.

Actually, tonight, we're going to an event of his Dad. Stan mentioned that his fiancée will be there. Look, may excess baggage pa pala! Shit!

Bumitaw ako sa hawak niya. "W-why?"

"We're near diba? We have to act casual, you're fiancee is going to be there. I don't want to act like a total trash bag mistress."

"What?!" He laughed.

"You mean, Denise, my so-called fiancee?"

"What? So called?"

He nodded. "Denise is my friend! She works at the company. I announced that we're engaged for you to go there. It was her idea, also, she's pansexual, so don't be jealous of her. We're great friends."

"Then why did Stan told me that she's your fiancee?! Huh?"

"Denise ask for my favor to let the people believe that we're engaged because her Mother wouldn't stop setting her up with a boy here to be her boyfriend or husband. We both agreed because it has benefit for us!"

"Classic. I already like her. She's very smart, I fell to your trap." And I was right, I really liked Denise. She's funny, approachable and smart.

But what I couldn't stand in this event was Archer's mom. Tito Eros greeted me when he saw me, even Eissen. But Tita Calli didn't even bother to gave me a smile. I know she's hella mad at me. I left her son without him knowing.

But it's not her life to judge, not her decision to make. I shouldn't be sorry for fixing myself.

But I should be sorry for not saying goodbye.

"Denise!" Tita Calli called.

"Yes tita?"

"Can you give us a second?" Denise immediately stormed off and I was trembling because it will be the first time we'll talk.

"Good evening, Tita Calli. Congratulations on your event po." I said and greeted.

"Let's be straightforward here, are you dating Archer again?"

"We're not dating."

"Why are you here, then?"

"He invited me. I heard Eissen also wants to see me."

"You know what you did to him, Aviona. A year of seeing him dull and lifeless was enough for me to disapprove my vote on you. You're not going to be a part of my family ever again." She told me with her eyebrows raised, "I can't see him broken because of a girl who doesn't even deserve a shed of tear. You left him, while he's helping a friend."

"That's what he told you?" She didn't bother to react. "That's not my story."

"Hindi kita kayang makita na malapit sa anak ko, Aviona." Sabi niya, "Kaya kung aalis ka lang din ulit, umalis ka na habang kaya niya pa. Umalis ka na kung ayaw mo na sakanya. Huwag mo na ulit paabutin sa araw na hindi na naman niya kakayanin na wala ka. Hindi naman ikaw ang napapagod magsabi sakanyang kaya niya 'yan."

"I know I've hurt him but that's love, Ma'am. You'll get hurt, but get up. Sorry for meddling with your life again. But if there's one thing I learned from what we had? It was love that didn't last. But I know, it's love. I left him not because I want to hurt him it's because we've have hurt each other so much that it will destroy the both of us."