◆24

Heejin's eyes shot open with a gasp, panting as she gripped onto the seatbelt which felt like it was suffocating her and she realised that she fell asleep during the car journey home

Jeno's eyes flickered over to the girl, watching as the beads of sweat covered her skin and the pain in her teary eyes appeared.

Her heart was beating fast, unable to suck in the breaths fast enough and her eyesight grew hazy, feeling the heat spill onto her body and she began to panic.

Choking on her words, she spoke frantically.
"S-stop, stop the car," He looked over at the girl mildly confused and he sat up straighter.
"Stop the car!"

Jeno's eyes widened by a fraction and he pulled over, watching as Heejin fumbled with her belt before flinging the door open and stumbling out with laboured breathing.

Heejin inhaled shakily to subside her tears that threatened to fall, finding the railing that overlooked the deep blue ocean.

She leant against it, arms on it and her head on her arms to stop herself from feeling dizzy.

Jeno swiftly exited the car not long after, deeply sighing out when he saw her state. He looked away, over at the trees that swayed and the purity of nature.

"Protect her with your life Lee Jeno."

He clenched his fists, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath before fixing his tie and maintaining an immaculate posture as he walked over.

Jeno reached Heejin who was breathing heavily, ears ringing and heart pounding.
"Rosa,"

He was unsure of what to do, was he meant to comfort her- how do you even comfort someone? Should he leave and give her space?

"Everytime... everytime I remember that day," she began, voice muffled but he could still hear her. "I feel like I'm there again, I'm reliving the same day and I can't get out of it."

"I understand."

"No you don't, your Father was the one who killed them!" She lashed out, standing up with tears running down her porcelain skin, red hues of fluster and unruly emotions on her cheeks.

Jeno remained standing there, no change in his emotions and Heejin's chest rose and fell, the hard and angry sparks in her eyes breaking and her shoulders slumped.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, realising she had shouted at him for something he didn't do.

"It's okay."

"No, I shouldn't have shouted. I always take my anger out on you but you don't do anything...why don't you shout back or I don't know."

"It's okay you can shout at me."

Heejin's eyes flickered up to his stoic face, his arms by his side and his eyes uncovered nothing.

"Why?" She asked, lips sticking out slightly in a confused pout and nose scrunched up. His eyes trailed over her features before he cleared his throat and turned around, walking back to the car.

"It's getting dark, I'll take you home."