◆62

Jeno was sat on a chair, eyes blankly staring at the bloody ground as he collected his thoughts while the paramedics rushed in and out of the house

Heejin watched wordlessly, running a hand through his hair comfortingly as they began to bring the stretcher out of the basement.

"He must have been down there for a long time." Heejin muttered to herself, sympathetic for the male.

They brought him out, yelling for them to hurry up yet the ambulance wasn't here yet so they had situated him in the living room- going through the procedures.

Heejin looked down at Jeno, pressing a kiss to his forhead and pushing his hair back and he sighed deeply.

"We need to identify this man, is there any records of a missing person?" The police asked confused as to who it was and Heejin watched curiously.

"Anything to aid us in knowing who he is?"
"No nothing....aside from the tattoo on his wrist."
"Tattoo, what is it?" The police man asked curiously and the paramedic held up his bloody arm.

"It's just a date I think...10.07.00."

Nothing registered in Heejin's mind, hearing the policeman sigh heavily and rub his head.

She was amidst continuing to run her fingers through his hair when she halted all of a sudden, smile diminishing and the sound through her ears became distant and distorted.

10.07.00
Heejin's eyes fell to her own wrist, heart lurching and she paused.
Her head whipped around to the stretcher where the male layed, her eyes immediately falling to his bloodied, dirty face.
"Hyunsik?" She whispered out, it was so quiet and broken that even Jeno barely heard it.

It couldn't be, surely not?

She stumbled away from Jeno, eyes wide and unmoving away from the lifeless body- pushing the paramedics out of the way and looking down at him..

"Lets get a matching Tattoo!"
"We're only 16- Mum will kill us Hyunsik!"
"You're no fun Heejin, come on."
"Wait, what are we going to get?"
"Hm...how about our birthday 10.07.00."

Horror was displayed on her face, the feeling was indescribable to say the least as she looked down at her supposed dead brother.

But he died in the fire, didn't he?

Plot twist hehheeeeee