◆26

Heejin gasped when Jeno snatched the small frame out of her hands and hid it behind his back

Her 5'4 frame meant that she was faced with his chest and her eyes darted up to his and for the first time he looked, nervous?

Or was it anger?
Maybe both.

"What was that?" She asked with narrow eyes, trying to decipher the boy who stood in front of her.

Jeno's heart began to unusually beat at a faster pace, causing him to turn around.
"Nothing."

Heejin opened her mouth to speak but reached out to grab the frame, which his reflexes were quicker and he clutched it to his chest.

"What is it, it isn't nothing Jeno-"
"Go home Rosa."

Heejin stopped following him, watching as he forcefully shoved the frame in his desk drawer.

Thoughts cascaded into her mind, a million at a time until she felt like her head would have burst at the density and painful memories filtered through her head.

Washing in like the tide, her breath hitched and her eyes stuck to Jeno, raking over his every feature, mirroring it to the image in her head and it spilled out of her lips.

"It's you isn't it?"

Jeno's actions halted and he felt himself fill with an unknown feeling, knowing it was too late to deny it.

At his lack of reply, Heejin exhaled harshly dropping her shoulders like a tide drew over her.

"Tell me, it's you isn't it?" She pressed further, striding over to him.
Jeno didn't look up, keeping his eyes on the desk in front of him as he heard her breaths shallow from shock.

Forcefully, she grabbed his chin between her fingers and pushed his head up so his brown eyes pooled into her own.

"You're...no it can't be. It doesn't make sense." She muttered, pulse pounding in her ear. She swallowed the dryness in her throat and stepped back.

His hand shot out, clasping around her wrist to stop her and he brought out the frame, laying it on the desk as it was already revealed anyway.

Her eyes followed to the picture, picking it up to look properly and it all set in place.

"You're him," she whispered out in shock. "Lee Ji-hyeon."

There were no answers needed as the picture clearly displayed the three innocent childhood best friends.

Only now two were alive.

Well 🍵