◆47

She knelt before the lifeless, bloodied boy- eyes widened at his fatal state and the murderous crimson stain under his body growing with each passing second

Heejin let out a harsh breath of air that expelled from her lungs in the sheer shock of the sight before her.

"Ji-hyeon...Hyeon-ah wake up." She breathed out in denial of his barely rising chest and she gulped down the dryness of her throat and blinked the threatening tears.

Her hand clasped over his ice cold cheek, attempting to wake him up yet there was absolutely no reaction.

"Hyeon-ah wake up, wake up," she said louder, voice cracking as she began to fall into the pits of unwanted thoughts.

"Wake up please, please Hyeonie," voice more desperate and Heejin scanned around the place for help- any help.

She sniffled, her mind feeling like it had been blocked, blocking every ounce of her common sense as she felt herself becoming too personal with the situation.

Her eyes fell over to him again and she felt the waves of the urge to cry. Seeing him for the first time since the accident...this wasn't what she was expecting.

Bottom lip trembled as her palm applied pressure on his stab wound located in his thigh but the dark red blood oozed through her fingers and dripped down her hand.

"You have to wake up, you need to wake up." She spoke determined, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt.

"You have to please, you can't just leave me here." Almost pleading as her shaky fingers checked his faint pulse, letting out a small cry of hopelessness.

She dialed the first number she could think of, being Donghyuck and pleaded for help.
"It's all your fault Heejin." She muttered, gritting her teeth and unbuckling her belt to tie around his thigh.

Unable to think straight, nor accumulate a half decent plan, she took his face in her palms. His lips blue and skin ghostly pale.

"Wake up please, help is on its way- you're going to be okay I promise." She tried, looking down at him hopeful. Hopeful that the pools of brown would be staring up at her, capturing them.

"You can't leave me," she whispered out, vulnerable in the darkness of the night surrounded by masses of dead bodies and the person she had grown to care about a lot. "Don't leave me here please."

"I need you Hyeon...what would I do without you?" Her whisper breaking into small hiccups of cries- grabbing the material of his shirt in her fist.

"I-i wanted to see you, do you know how much I missed fucking looking at your face? I wanted to see your smile when you realised I could see again-"

The sounds of tires scraping against the cobblestone ground pulled Heejin out of it and her eyes landed on Mark and Jaemin who ran towards the scene with the sound of sirens drawing closer.

It happened too quick, Jeno was hoisted up on the stretcher- leaving the blood staining the ground and a ventilator mask being put on immediately after as they wheeled him into the ambulance.

"Patient is in critical condition, alert the hospital we are on our way."