◆38

Heejin had entered the house with the help of Jeno and it was seemingly quiet, almost like they were all walking on eggshells around her

Jeno halted her wheelchair by the steps, unsure if she even wanted to go upstairs, how would she come back down without hurting herself?
Would she sleep downstairs?

"We cleared out the spare living room...we turned it into a bedroom." Mark began, pointing over to the living room no one used.

Heejin bit down on her tongue, her eyes were open but by the way she kept her head tilted down hid her face from everyone.

There was an impending silence and it became deafening, suffocating and Heejin wanted to run away, but she couldn't and she wanted to laugh out loud at the thought of it.

A blind gang member.

That would surely amuse the enemies.
"I made the room really cosy and it's really nice, it has these fairy lights-"
"It's not like I can see it." She stated bluntly before sighing at her outburst.

She rubbed her temples, the aching pain behind it making her feel nauseous and faint.
"Just take me to my room."

Jeno pushed her to the makeshift room and it didn't even look bad at all, she was silent and reclused- hearing the door shut behind him.
Heejin sat there, not that she could even go anywhere.

She felt stupid, she felt inadequate.

"Your hair..." He trailed off, remembering she hadn't actually washed herself off since the accident and the thought of dried blood stuck to her body made her groan.

"I hate this," she began, opening her eyes but yet again was met with darkness. "I hate this, I hate this- i can't see anything at all- not even fucking light or anything-"

"Hey, hey," he began, walking over to her. "They said it will take a bit of time,"
"But what if it never happens, I can't live like this Jeno- i sound so whiny and bitchy but I really can't and it's driving me insane."

She let out a heavy breath, tightening her grip on the armrest.
"I feel like such a waste of space and a fucking burden because of you."
"Me?" He asked confused, crouching down in front of her so he could see her face whilst she spoke.

Heejin sucked in a breath of air and tilted her head up, closing her eyes as she felt the hotness of tears.

"Y-you...I don't know why you insist on looking after a blind girl. You're hurt, you went through the accident and you comfort me and look after me but I can't even see you!" She cried out, groaning in frustration at the tears that began to cascade.

His eyes softened when she pushed her face into her hands and her fingers gripped at her hair.

"I can't see you," she whispered out through the silence of the room.

Jeno bit the inside of his cheek, pulling her hand away from her face and wiping away her tears.

"Trust me, you don't want to see me right now- I don't think I've brushed my hair in over a week." He tried to joke but she didn't laugh, she only frowned more.

"You're an idiot, why did you stay with me? I'm so angry at you, I'm so angry yet...I don't know what I'd do without you Jeno."

He smiled, taking her hand and placing a small delicate kiss on the skin of it.
"I told you I'd stay." He muttered, pulling away and standing up.

"But...how are you going to shower?"

how are you going to shower?"

Yeah how will she 👀