◆31

Heejin had a smile on her face, contradicting her tears that she had cried previously in the week

She was in the board room with the members of both gangs as they sought out a thorough plan.

"There has been 7 different attacks recently on both of our gangs so we need to get to the bottom of it as soon as we can." Yuta began to finish up his speech. "Over to you." He nodded to Jeno.

The boy cleared his throat, standing up and adjusting his tie as he walked towards the front, her eyes trained solely on him..

Something had changed drastically, inevitably by knowing who he was and how close they used to be.

She found herself almost infatuated by every move he made and everything began to fit together, surprised at herself for not seeing it sooner.

He began talking professionally as the others wrote down what he was saying, pointing to the board of his put together ideas with a stern voice.

Jeno's eyes flickered over to Heejin who had already been staring at him and her heart lurched as they made eye contact, immediately tearing her gaze away to look down- flustered he had caught her staring.

"You guys are disgustingly cute, never thought I'd say it." Donghyuck commented from beside her. "The tension is choking me." He muttered and Heejin elbowed him with a glare.

"Any questions?" Jeno concluded.
"What makes you so sure this will work?" Mark asked curiously, scanning over his notes.

"Its unexpected for our two gangs to merge and most likely will catch whoever it is off guard."
"What if they don't fall for it?"

"Which is why, we need bait." Yuta began, humming inquisitively at what they had all come up with.
"Something or someone they'll want to go after."

There was a silence after his words.

"Me." Heejin began and heads turned towards her, especially Jeno's hard stare.

"They set fire to the village my parents were at, it's likely they're after me, I am the only one left of the family." She explained, standing up and walking over to where Jeno was standing.

He watched silently as she took his place at the front, sticking in her usb stick inside to illuminate her ideas.

"The attack came from the south and most likely they'll have control over the radio waves and they can pick up on a 'call' saying that I was in the area- thus falling into the trap."

"So you're saying we use you as bait?"
"That's exactly what I'm saying."
"That's stupid." Jeno began and Heejin glanced at him with raised brows.

"Okay Mr know it all, what's your idea of luring them in?"
Jeno's eyes flickered between her own, trying to decipher why she would put herself in danger.

"Its stupid of you to put yourself in harm's way knowing they want to kill you."
"This is Mafia life Hun, its always a risk." She said, patting his arm as she walked towards the door.

"Come up with a plan and I'll be there as the bait." She concluded, walking out of the room.

Jeno's eyes followed her retreating form before he walked in the same direction.
"Why would you do that?"

He began, walking behind her as she started her journey up the stairs.
"Because, they want me."
"And you're going to give them exactly what they want." He argued back as they reached the second floor.

"Not if we get them first."
"Or you die first."

Heejin sighed as she reached her room, turning around to face him, he had his eyes narrowed at her and fists clenched.

"Why are you so angry over it, this is how we live Jeno- you either kill or you get killed."

Heejin began to walk inside her room when he grabbed her wrist, making her look at him.

"You think I'm just going to stand back and watch you put yourself at risk?" He asked lowly.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take."
"For what reason, what's so important that you'd be in danger of dying." He pressed on it more and her eyes flickered between his own.

"My instinct...my instinct tells me there's something bigger than my life worth fighting for and I'll take that risk."