◆27

"Stop it Ji-hyeon! That's mine! No!" The sounds of a young girl's voice shrieked in the air of the backyard, her pigtails completed with the blue dress she loved so much

Heejin chased the young boy who laughed at the thrill of it all, teasing the girl by taking the flower out of her hair and running off with it.

"I have a feeling they'll marry each other one day you know." Heejin's Mother said to Ji-hyeon's and they both watched with smiles at their children.

Heejin tripped, landing on her knees and hands, beggining to wail out with tears spilling down her cheeks.

The boy stopped, eyes widening and he ran over to the girl, crouching down besides her with his hand on her shoulder.

"Heejin! Are you okay? Are you hurt, let me see." He worried relentlessly over the 7 year old girl.

She sniffled, bottom lip sticking out and her brown eyes pooled into his own.
Ji-hyeon's small hand cases over her chubby cheeks, wiping her tears away with a smile.

"Look," he began, holding up the flower and putting it behind her ear. "It's as pretty as you- Rosa!"

Heejin's face lit up, all tears ceasing and a smile plastered on it and she nodded excitedly.

"Rosa, I like it!"

"I know you like my sister Ji-hyeon but I don't want you to like her." Hyunsik stated, crossing his arms over his chest threateningly- well as threatening as a 10 year old could possibly be.

Ji-hyeon glared up at the boy and glanced over at the girl who scribbled down in her flowery diary on the bench with the two pink clips in her hair.

"Why not, I love her."

"No you don't, our parents don't like each other anymore." Hyunsik huffed and strided off into the house.

The boy was left looking at the girl he had a puppy crush on, walking over to her with a sad expression.

"Hyeonie? What's wrong?" Heejin asked worried, putting her diary down and rushing over to him- pulling him into a hug.

Her small hands patted his back comfortingly and Ji-hyeon sniffled.
"Do you not like me Heejin?"

"What!" The girl exclaimed, pulling back from the hug. "Of course I like you- I love you!"

Ji-hyeon looked down at the floor and Heejin linked their pinkies.
"We're married forever right?"

The boy looked up with a smile, nodding.
"Forever Rosa."

The 12 year old girl walked into the living room with tears falling down her face and an angry look she sported.

She ran over to her parents, sniffling and fists clenched.

"Where's Ji-hyeon gone?"

"He's moved away sweetheart."

"Without telling me?" She whispered.