◆50

"You want this one sweetheart?" Heejin asked the girl, pointing to the sweet and Miri nodded frantically with a smile on her face

Heejin put the four year old girl down and put the money into the vending machine and handed it over to the girl to distract her mind.

Her small hand clutched onto Heejin's as they walked aimlessly through the halls- before coming to a café where they both sat down at.

"Are you his girlfriend?"
The innocent question sent the coffee lodging itself into her windpipe and she coughed out of her chokes, grabbing a tissue to wipe her mouth.

Her eyes fell on Miri who sucked on the lollipop, waiting for the reply.
"N-no, we're just friends."

There was a silence before the girl spoke again.
"Are you sure?"
"Hey, drink your milkshake." Heejin tried to subvert the conversation.

They both walked back to the hospital room, hand in hand as her innocent pure giggles resounded around.
Heejin subconsciously smiled at the sound, internally cooing at the cuteness.
About to enter the room, a voice stopped them.

"Miri?"
The small girl turned around at the sound of her name towards the figure at the end of the hallway.
"Daddy?"

Heejin also turned towards the sound, eyes widening at the familiar figure.
"Jaehyun?" She gawked out at her gang member.

Jaehyun froze, eyes flickering between the two. Miri frowned, huffing at her Father.

"You didn't come to see me last week or this week! I was waiting for you, I hate you!" The girl stomped into the hospital room, leaving Jaehyun and a confused Heejin.

He sighed, rubbing his temples.
"I can explain." He spoke, sitting down at the chair lined outside the room and she sat down besides him, waiting for an explanation.

"Uh..." He began, rubbing the back of his head. "Me and Yena had a kid together?"

"...wait are you together?"
Jaehyun shook his head, head down and looking at his hands guiltily.
"We were never together...it just kind of happened and next thing I know she's pregnant and yeah Miri was born."

Heejin paused, taking it all in.
"So...does Yuta know- does Jeno know?"
Jaehyun nodded and sighed, rubbing his temples.

"It didn't go down well as you could imagine and I only see Miri once a week- well I try to...I want to be in her life but it's hard when you know- rivals."

"Oh...are you on good terms with Yena?"
"I mean...I kinda got her pregnant at 18- she wasn't too happy."
Heejin let out a small laugh and patted his shoulder.

"Well at least you became a teen dad I guess, it was always your dream."

Jaehyun glared at the girl who held her hands up, laughing as she ran into the room and Jaehyun sighed, following her into it.