◆64

It had taken Heejin a whole 4 days to come to terms with the fact her "dead" brother wasn't so dead anymore- he was actually alive

Now that was a shock- no shit.

"Heejin," Jeno began gently, sitting on her bed and looking at the girl who was cuddled up in her covers with tear staining her cheeks.

"Are you sure you don't want to go see him?"
"I do." She croaked out, sniffling. "But I'm scared and confused and-" she sat up straighter in her bed and pressed her palms to her eyes to stop the tears.

"I thought he died, I mourned over him- we have a funeral and...he was alive the whole time." She whispered.

Jeno moved closer to the girl, padding away her tears with the fabric of his sweater and pressed a loving kiss to her forhead.

"Your burning up baby- let me go get you some medicine." He murmured worriedly, beggining to stand up.

"You saved me from the fire, so why didn't you save him."

The question left Jeno frozen, not expecting her to say it but he turned around to face her.
"...he told me to take you."
"So you didn't go in after?"

His eyebrows furrowed and he could feel his anger grow inside him but he kept it down for her sake.
"The building completely collapsed Rosa, I wanted to, I tried but..."

Heejin rubbed her hands over her face and sighed heavily shoving her head into her hands.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."
Jeno smiled down at her sadly and rubbed her head comfortingly.

"I'll be back."

The sound of his feet padding into the kitchen brought the boys out of their daze.
"You alright?"

Jeno ignored Jaemin completely, not trusting his voice as he grabbed the medicine from the box and a glass.

He walked over to the skin with a heavy heart and Chenle glanced at Renjun.
"Jeno." Renjun called out sternly and the boy huffed- turning around.

"What?" He snapped, clutching the glass tightly and Jaemin put a hand on his shoulder
"Are you okay?"
"Am I fucking okay? My best friend who I thought died is alive." He burst out, putting the glass down and groaning, leaning over the counter.

Jeno gripped his head and he couldn't make sense of it at all- no one could.

She hadn't said anything, numb in shock as she stared at the familiar looking boy.

He layed bloodied and bruised with a smile on his face despite all that had happened- gazing at his sister longingly.

"You've grown up."

His voice, even that had changed and she found herself realising she had missed growing up with him for the last 3 years.

She blinked away the tears at the sound of his voice, gripping the arm rest as her eyes burned into his face and the haunting images of him in the fire surfaced.

"Princess? Heejin?" He asked worriedly and she felt as though the room was closing in on her- heart pumping expeditiously.

"You died." She uttered out. "I practically watched you die. I mourned over you." She whispered out with her eyes staring at his wrist.

He didn't know what to say, his eyes watching her closely.
"I can't..."
"It's okay." He spoke gently with a reassuring smile. "I know it's a shock."

"I...I just m-missed you." She admitted, bursting into a wave of tears and every single pent up emotion flowed out of her..
"But you weren't there and I was so l-lonely!" She cried out.

"You were never alone Heejin-ah, come here." He spoke out with his voice thick with emotion and as soon as she was in his arms, he too began to cry the tears of the feelings he kept in.

"I love you Heejin."
"I love you too Hyunsik."

Nothing could ever replace the emotions the two of them felt, the twins reconciling their unbreakable bond.