◆42

It was dark- well not that it mattered to Heejin

Promptly after she was wheeled away, a bag was thrown over her head to muffle her cries and her body locked inside the car, leaving Mark returning to an abandoned wheelchair with ice cream in his hand.

Heejin panicked, it coursing through her veins and leaving imprints of horrifying imagery inside her head.

She felt defenceless, helpless yet she wouldn't allow to feel sorry for herself.

Hands tied behind her back not long after and she was left terrified. Maneuvering her wrists around to desperately come in contact with a sharp edge- no avail.

Breaths quickening and body thrown full force to the side and the sound of tires squeaking took her mind to the accident- whimpers leaving her mouth and she began to thrash around- muffled screams and cries.

There was a deep chuckle, the voice speaking tantalizingly.
"Be quiet kid." His voice gruff, smug and oddly familiar yet she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Let me go you coward." She hissed, panting through her anger and gritted teeth and the man lowly whistled.

"You have quite the temper huh?"
"Fuck off, you're a coward for kidnapping a blind girl- not confident enough to with someone who can actually see?" She spat back. "Sad really if you asked me."

The man ripped the bag off of her head, not that it would matter to her vision but he saw the anger splayed on her face and hummed.

"No one asked you darling but you seem to be quite talkative... we'll see how long that lasts before I cut your fucking tongue off."

"What?" Jeno uttered out, not believing his ears for a second- almost like time was hurrying to keep up with his frantic mind.

His pen halted above the page, eyes drawing to towards Sicheng who gave the news.

"Heejin has been taken."

That's all that needed to be said, standing up with such force that the chair fell behind him yet he never flinched.

"What?" He asked, angrily. "What do you fucking mean!" Jeno burst out- striding over to the male with dark furious eyes.

"Tell fucking Renjun to track her down now." He spat out, striding out of the room and grabbing the necessity weapons.

"What's going on?" Jaemin asked curiously at his best friend who ignored him, mind full of sickening thoughts.

"Jeno?" Jaemin called out, brows drawn down in confusion as he realised Jeno's chest rising and falling quicker and his fist balled up so tight that his knuckles turned a ghastly white.

"Call Midnight thorns, tell them I'm coming."

"What, wait why?" Jaemin breathed out, following Jeno as he snapped the mask onto his face and pulled the cap lower.

He was dressed in a black tight fitting turtle neck tucked into black skinny jeans.
"Because no one can fucking do their jobs right!" He screamed out, the house falling silent and Jaemin's eyes widened at his outburst.

"Je-" Jaemin began, watching as Jeno slammed the door shut behind him and the picture frame on the wall clattering to the ground.

"Hm, should we record it- just for the memories of course." The man began, grabbing his phone.

Heejin whipped her head around, trying to find the direction the voice was sourced at, the concrete beneath her hands and she was restrained.

"Let me go!" She yelled out in rage, lurching forward but her body jolted back on the force of the chains. "Let me go!" She screamed out.

The man winced and put a finger in his ear.
"Fuck she's loud, knock her out- no not with that, use your fucking fist you moron."

"My fist? You want me to punch her?" The other male asked, syringe in hand.
The leader scoffed, pushing him out the way, crouching in front of Heejin.

"How else? More pain, the better."

That's not very nice