◆30

"You can't go wrong with a good old Mcdonalds

"You can't go wrong with a good old Mcdonalds." Heejin muttered as they began walking into the fast food place, hugging her arms close to her body as Jeno walked behind her, frame taller than hers by a landslide and his demeanor cold to the average eye.

His eyes fell to the girl in the front of him, fluidly sliding his jacket off his own body and clasping a hand over Heejin's wrist.

She stopped to look back at Jeno and he wordlessly stepped in front of her, putting the jacket over her shoulders.

The simple action made her heart leap miles and her cheeks began to heat up unexpectedly and she began to curse herself for being affected so much.

He gently pushed her arms through the sleeves which hid her whole hand and it was long on her but neither of them minded.

Heejin tilted her head down, hair cascading over her face as a barrier from Jeno seeing the heat on her face.

Finally, he zipped it up and his hands left the material, stepping back too look at the girl who basically drowned in the jacket of his, making his lips pull slightly.

Heejin was looking down at herself before looking up and catching his expression.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked through her embarrassment and Jeno's smile dropped- shaking his head.

Heejin narrowed her eyes at Jeno who turned around but didn't miss the smirk appearing on his lips when he walked into the building.

They both sat waiting for their food as it neared 11pm, the place basically empty aside from the two and a few workers.

"So..." Heejin began, glancing up at Jeno but looking away immediately.
"Yes?" He asked, waiting for her to continue as his eyes stared into her.

Flickering her eyes up to him but looking away again, swirling her straw in her drink to occupy herself.

"Can you not...?" She muttered, biting her tongue to distract herself and Jeno tilted his head, looking at her.

"Not what?"

Heejin almost rolled her eyes like it was obvious but she cleared her throat and lowered her head to drink from her straw to try and shake the question off.

He watched her intently, noticing now how similar she looked, of course with a few changes. He could see right through the front she so desperately wants everyone to believe.

"Hm, do you want me to stop staring at you?"
Heejin spluttered, choking on her drink and coughing frantically, pounding on her chest to free her air ways.

Jeno let out an airy chuckle and handed over a napkin to the girl who's face was on fire, wiping her mouth with sheer embarrassment.

"Your order is ready!"

Heejin was up like a light, hurrying over to the counter so she could get away from the situation and Jeno's eyes followed her before he smiled, shaking his head.

"Still cute." He muttered, cleaning up the table without a complain and his mind was filled with her.

"Why did you leave without telling me?"
"...Because my Father made us move back to Italy."
"But your Mum stayed, so why couldn't you?"

Jeno sighed, placing his drink down.
"He would have hurt you if I didn't go."
"Me?" She frowned at the absurd thought.

"Do you not remember?" Jeno inquired and Heejin shook her head in confusion.

Jeno cried out, whimpering and his Father held the knife out to him.
"Kill it."
Jeno shook his head.
"I-i can't."
"You can't? You can't do it? Well either you kill it or I'll kill her."
Myunho pointed to the person gagged and tied up, struggling against the restraints and tears leaked out of Jeno's eyes.

"Oh..." Heejin trailed off, pain stabbing at her heart as she remembered the first time she met Jeno's Father was when he had blindfolded and gagged her up at 6- all she could remember was her cries mixing with the sound of Jeno's.

"Im sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? You were six." She said, shaking her head.
"Still..."

"Why did you change your name?" She asked, sipping at her drink and looking up at him across the table.

"When I came back to Korea four years ago...I didn't want to have connections to my Father so I changed my name, people would have known Ji-hyeon was his son."

"This is so weird," she admitted.
"What is?"
"Just," she began, running her gaze over his face. "I knew you as Ji-hyeon but now it feels like you're a completely different person."

"It has been 8 years."
"I guess...anyway I'm guessing you'd rather me call you Jeno?"
He nodded, wanting to leave his childhood behind.

Time flew past quickly and the two caught up, mending old memories and indulging in the nostalgia they felt.

Soon it was time to leave and Heejin waited at the door as he began to pay.
"I'll be in the car Hyeon- i mean Jeno." She corrected herself quickly, scurrying out of the door.

Jeno chuckled under his breath lightly and bit back the smile that threatened to break.

So what's le thoughts