Chapter 6 ♛ Move On

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

The room was silent. It felt cold even though no windows were open. It felt empty, like it didn't fulfill my soul anymore. And it also felt unwelcoming, like I didn't even belong here either. There is nothing left of mine in the room that I once called my bedroom. I wanted to leave again. I wanted to start over in a house that wasn't tainted with negative energy. So, I do what I always do best... I move on or you can say, I runaway.

Five days ago, I woke up in the middle of the night surrounded by familiar white walls. They told me that I had been in a coma for exactly one week, six days, twenty-two hours and eighteen minutes. The only reason I knew the exact length of time is because of my boyfriend. He counted every second that past without me being awake on earth with him. And he did this by never leaving the foot of my hospital bed.

I can't explain to you how happy I was to see those beautiful ocean eyes again. They always brought me comfort, especially when I needed it the most and it was that moment that I did.

But even though I woke up, things didn't get better for anyone. They never were able to catch that creep, because he had escaped before anyone got to him. The strangest part is that no one was able to get a good look of him either, which didn't make any sense since there was hundreds of people at the party that night. Someone must have had to seen him other than me, but no one did. Or maybe people were afraid to admit that they did see him or maybe some were helping him escape.

There are some parts of my hair that are completely shaved off, because of the open wounds they had to stitch up. And also because of that life-saving procedure they had to perform on me. I had a brain hemorrhage, but luckily they were able to stop the bleeding before my brain was submerged in my own blood. I'm able to cover the scars with the rest of my hair, which makes things a little better I guess.

I have been keeping a distance from everyone. I'm afraid of people coming too close to me nowadays. Even though I know none of the people that I love would ever think about hurting me, I'm still cautious. And I can see that it's hurting them a lot. But only time will tell if I'll ever be okay to be close to them again... close to Colby as well.

My glossy eyes became fixated at one of the stuffed animals that was given to me in the hospital by one of my closest friends. It was Jake's stuffed koala bear. He took this incident the hardest out of everyone. And it makes sense on why he has slowly been detaching himself from me, but I don't think he sees that I'm starting to notice it.

Today was the last day for me in this house. Jake was suppose to come by and help me move the rest of my stuff over to Colby's apartment, but he never showed up. He gave a poor excuse to Colby, which bothered my boyfriend a lot, but I understood that he need some time to himself. So, I didn't make a big deal out of it.

"Atmosphere?" A husky voice awaked me from my thoughts.

My emerald eyes wander over to my bedroom door, "Yeah?" I whispered to Kian.

He slowly took a step forward, "Sam and I finished loading the last of your stuff into your car." He said as he squatted down to my level, "It's time to leave now." He whispered as he extended his hand out for me.

My glossy eyes glanced at his large hand. My mind and heart were at war at the moment. My mind wanted me to push his hand away. It wanted me to protect myself. While my heart wanted me to hold it and let all my emotions pour out onto someone like him... onto someone that I trusted.

A sigh left my lips, "Okay." I whispered as I slowly stood up on my own, not reaching for his hand for help.

He stayed in that position for a second while he studied his hand, slightly shaking his head before standing up and leaving the room without saying a single word. I knew he was hurt. He thinks that I think he's a monster, but I don't. I don't think anyone is. I'm just broken and scared that's all.

I gently picked up the koala bear and tightly hugged it. My glossy eyes scanned my empty room one last time, before making my way down the stairs. Everything that I owned was still here. The only things I'm taking with me are my clothes, important documents, timeless photos and every stuffed animal I had receive overtime from the people I loved. I didn't want to bring anything else with me on my next journey, because I wanted to start off fresh and that's what I plan on doing.

My dark eyes became fixated at the boy that I love so much. He was standing in my backyard, right next to the vegetable garden. He seemed to be lost in his own thoughts, so I knew I had to get him out of there before he fell deeper into the dark corners of his mind.

I slowly made my way outside, stopping a couple feet away from him. I could hear light sniffles as he slightly covered his mouth with his large hand. He was just blankly staring at my now dead garden with nothing, but tears clouding his vision.

"I can't get that day out of my head." He whispered, "You were standing here, perfectly fine and then I begged you to come with me. I begged you to come to our last stupid party and you kept telling me no." He choked as his watery eyes flutter over to mine, "If I had just left you alone than you..."

I quickly cut him off, "Colby, let's not talk about this, please." I begged, only because I didn't want to be reminded of that day, "And please stop blaming yourself. It's no one faults, but that creeps."

He shook his head, "I'm always gonna blame myself, Atmosphere." He whispered as he wiped a tear away.

My heart always ached whenever I saw Colby in any sort of pain, but this one felt different this time. It felt like someone had just ripped my heart out, tossed it on the floor and repeatedly stomped on it.

"It's in the past now, Colby." I said as I took a step towards him, "So, let's keep it there and move on for the sake of all our mental health."

"...move on?" He whispered as his eyes flutter around the backyard, "Maybe you're right."

I gently brush my fingertips against his forearm, sending a jolt of  panic throughout my body. I knew it was too soon for me to make any physical contact with anyone, but I just wanted him to know that I was there for him.

"I want to go home, Colby." I whispered.

"Let's go home, Appna." He whispered with a weak smile.

One last time, we slowly walk side-by-side into my house. I avoided looking at the walls and kept my eyes fixated on my sneakers only. I didn't want to be reminded about anything that went down here, not even the good memories. I wanted to leave everything behind. I just wanted to start over again. Start a new and better life for myself with no sort of memory about my past life. But we all know, we sadly can't just do that. Because our past always comes back to haunt us, no matter what.

**** Author's Note ****

Hey buddies!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it was short.

Thanks again for all the love and support!

Love you to the moon and back!

Reminder guys, Player 3.0 is still being republished and the last chapter  of the book is 36. So we have a long way to go lol