Chapter 30 ♛ New Friendship

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

The numbers on the pump excelled at an excessive rate as the fuel was being forced into my car's engine. It was giving in life again, but only at a certain cost. Just like us humans have to do as well.

I blankly stared at the numbers as they jumped from forty dollars to fifty, and then to sixty until it finally stopped at a ridiculous amount.

A deep sigh left my lips, "No wonder people are broke nowadays." I mumbled to myself before unlatching the fuel hose and tightening the cap.

"I didn't expect to see you here." A raspy voice startled me.

"Jeez, Mike." I hissed lightly, "Don't sneak up on me like that again."

"Sorry." He apologized with a warm chuckle, "I was on a run and saw your car from the distance, and I just wanted to come say "hi" to you." He explained.

My emerald eyes wandered up and down his half naked body. He was shirtless, showing me a different yet beautiful side of him I've never seen before. But I shook away those unwanted thoughts before looking down at my white sneakers.

"Why aren't you at Jake's surprise party?" I asked him, still not making any eye contact with him.

"Just didn't want to be in a room filled with some people that I don't really care to ever see again." He explained, "But the more important question is, why aren't you there?" He questioned, leaning against my car.

"The same reason you aren't." I whispered, leaning against my car as well.

After the night on the rooftop, Colby and I got into a huge fight, and I haven't been at his place for the past few days now. I've been staying at a nearby hotel, all alone, just trying to gather my thoughts together. And he hasn't even tried reaching out to me, so I'm going to do the same since I am stubborn.

"Is everything okay, Atmosphere?" He asked, taking a step closer to me.

I let out a short laugh, "When has anything ever been okay with me?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry, Atmosphere." He whispered, "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, which is what I needed to do, but of course, I'm not going to.

"No, but thank you though." I said, giving him a weak smile, "But are you running for fun?" I quickly changed the topic, because I didn't want to talk about my personal problems at the moment.

"I mean I don't usually go on runs, but I just needed to clear my head so I decided to go on a short one." He explained, glancing down at his shoes.

"Oh my gosh." I murmured, "I can't believe there's people out there that actually do physical activities to help clear their minds. I would just get stressed out even more if I were to do that." I said, giggling.

"Everyone's different, Atmosphere." He lightly chuckled.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I murmured, crossing my arms over my chest.

"So, what do you do to help clear your mind?" He asked, leaning against my car again.

"Hmm." I hummed, "Well, I either cry, destroy anything that's in my way including myself, sleep or all of the above."

"Jesus." He breathed with wide eyes, "I mean, I do the same thing, but I can't expect that coming from someone like you."

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned, eyeing him.

"Well, you're really sweet and down to earth girl." He explained, "I can't picture you raging out like that."

"That's because I don't really show that side of me to just anyone." I sighed.