Chapter 18 ♛ First Anniversary

[trigger warning: light smut]

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

There were warm tears leaking from the corner of my eyes, but they were happy tears. My pearly whites were showing since I couldn't contain my happiness inside me anymore. I was staring at awe at what Colby had just surprised me with.

There were hundreds of floating and non-floating black and navy balloons in his apartment. Along with red rose petals scattered on the wooden floors. A giant bouquet of sunflowers and roses were placed on the coffee table along with a small teddy bear attached to a gift bag.

"Why?" I questioned as my watery eyes met his.

"It's been over a year since we met. And..." His voice trailed off as he rested his palm on my left cheek, "And exactly a year on this day we became more than friends. Even though we were off and on, I still consider this day as our anniversary day."

"You didn't have to do this." I whispered, "I don't deserve..."

He cut me off with his soft lips pressing hard against mine causing me to melt underneath his touch. He smiled into the sweet kiss before slowly detaching his lips from mine. While he became lost into my eyes, he continued to gently rub his thumb against my cheek.

"You deserve so much more than this." He whispered, "So much more."

"But I feel bad." I weakly pouted, "I didn't even do anything for you."

"It's fine that you didn't do anything for me." He reassured, "Just getting to spend the whole day with you on our special day was more than enough for me."

"I love you, Colby." I whispered.

"I love you too, Atmosphere." He whispered before gently kissing my lips again.

I watched as he made his way over to the light switch, changing the normal lighting to a deep shade of purple, illuminating the room in the most perfect way possible. I giggled lightly as he playfully wiggled his eyebrows at me before going on his phone to  pick the most beautiful song that has ever blessed my eardrums.

"....Something that you're doing has
me falling all the way,
I'm tripping off your love
and all the other drugs we taking..."

"Why this song?" I questioned, my voice slightly cracking as a memory of us from a certain night appeared in my head.

"When we had locked eyes in the middle of that party while the song was playing, I couldn't help but feel like we were the only two people in that room." He breathed, making his way over to me.

He then continued explaining once he stopped in front of me, "And you were just so beautiful. You look like an angel that was sent down from heaven. The way your emerald eyes shined so bright even in the poorly lit room, and how your beautiful lavender waves hung perfectly past your elbows. Also, I could see how clearly uncomfortable you were to be in that setting, and for the first time I felt like I wasn't the only one who felt the same way. But even when you kept your head low, you couldn't hide the fact that you were just simply breathtaking, and it's because you were truly being yourself. And I guess in that moment, I knew that you were the one for me." He weakly smiled, "I just had to have you."

"But..." I couldn't even finish my comment, because of how overwhelmed I felt at the moment from all this precious love I was receiving from him.

"When I saw you kissing that guy, I'm not gonna lie, but I was furious. And I know I acted like a fool, but I do not regret it one bit. Because if I had not pulled you into that bathroom, then I would have never had that opportunity to play that game with you." He added.