Chapter 16 ♛ Game Over

[trigger warnings: domestic violence & attempted sexual assault]

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

There I sat, in the middle of that stupid cabin just blankly staring at the door, waiting.... waiting for what seemed like days when it had only just been a couple of hours since my failed escape.

Luke, which I guess is that creep's name, was the one that found me hiding in the woods, but, I didn't go down without a fight. Even though he may have a couple of gashes on his arms and face, I was still the one who ended up the worst.

Once he had brought me back to the cabin, he made sure to release all his anger out on me. Thankfully, with only punches and kicks, because I can take a beating because of my past, but I can't take anything else.

But soon he got tired of the constant beating and left me all alone in the poorly lit cabin while Tori and him went outside to have a not so quiet conversation about how they are going to end me once and for all.

"Pick your head up, honey." My mother spoke.

A harsh giggle left my lips, "You can't be serious right now?!" I hissed as my bloodshot eyes wandered over to her.

Her ghostly figure was sitting in the corner of the room just rocking back-and-forth while her lifeless eyes stayed glued on to mine.

"I'm being serious, Atmosphere." She slightly spat, "You're going to be okay, trust me." She tried reassuring me.

"How do you even know that?" I asked annoyedly, "You didn't even know that he was going to find me in the woods, did you?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "No, I didn't." She whispered.

A short laugh left my swollen lips again, "Then you can't say I'm gonna be okay if you don't know that." I spat, my ugly attitude affecting the both of us.

"Well, I know that you are a very strong woman who will fight for her life until her last breath." She said, "So, I know you're gonna be okay no matter what."

I lean my back against the wall letting cold tears roll down my face while I continued to talk to my dead mother.

"I am afraid that this will be my last day on Earth." My voice cracked, "And that I'm going to be all alone when I take my last breath."

"It's not your last day on Earth, trust me." She reassured me, "Jake, Colby, and all your other friends are looking for you right now, so don't worry."

I eyed her for giving me false hope, "How do you even know that?"

"Because I can see them, Atmosphere. They aren't giving up on you, so don't give up on yourself either." She whispered, causing a weak smile to appear on my face.

"They're looking for me?" I whispered as her false hope consumed my bones, "They're looking for me." I repeated before softly closing my eyes.

"Honey, you need to stay alert. Just in case...." Her voice was cut off by the door opening.

My breath got caught in my throat as Luke made his way over to me. You could tell by his body language that he was filled with unexplainable rage which caused him to aggressively grab the metal chair and chucked it at the wall next to me, startling me as well.

"Fuck, I might just kill Tori as well." He spat to himself.

"Why?" I stupidly asked, but it's cause I was curious as to why he said that, and also maybe talking to him would waste more of their time with executing their plan.