Chapter 21 ♛ Stanley Hotel pt. 2

[trigger warning: suicidal references]
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

I was laying on the hotel bed in between Jake and Colby since we all were trying to take a quick nap, so we could stay up all night for our investigation, but as you know, on these type of adventures, we aren't lucky enough to get any sort of sleep no matter how much we try to.

A groaning sound left my full lips as I turned onto my stomach and closer over to Jake. A somewhat sleepy Jake wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to his bare chest. I hid my face into the corner of his neck, causing him to rest his head on top of mine for comfort.

Honestly, I wanted to be in Colby's arms at the moment, not Jake's, but we still aren't on speaking terms. So, I'm just going to have to stick with Jake until Colby and I clear things up between us.

"No way." Colby gasped.

Jake lifted his head up from the pillow and turned his body slightly towards him, "I heard that too." He whispered.

"Dude, that sound was something else though." Sam whispered as well.

"I just wanted to sleep." I whined into Jake's neck, causing a light chuckle to leave his lips.

"You know those two aren't going to let you sleep." He said.

"They will, if I threatened them." I murmured.

"Oh, Appna." He sighed, before resting his chin on top of my right shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I questioned him, because I felt him messing around behind my back with something in his hands.

"I'm texting Tara." He responded.

"She's worried about you, isn't she?" I asked, my eyes fluttering up to his.

"Yeah, she is." He sighed, shutting off his phone.

"I mean I would be worried too." I said, "Especially knowing the history of this terrible place and the near death experiences you've gone through, because of these adventures."

"Yeah, I know." He sighed again, "But she did say that she's glad that you're with me, because she knows that you will make sure I'll come home safe and sound."

"That's good that she knows that." I smiled, "Because if something were to ever happen to you and I could have prevented it, I would never be able to forgive or even live with myself afterwards."

"Same here." He whispered before gently kissing my forehead.

"Can we actually go to bed, guys?" I begged them, because Sam and Corey were freaking out over a simple noise coming from up above us.

"Fine, let's take a nap until sunset." Sam craved in, even though he wanted to go investigate whatever that noise was.

"Thank you!" I beamed from excitement.

"Can you guys move over for a second, so I can get underneath the covers?" Colby politely asked Jake and I.

"Yeah." I whispered with a faint smile.

As Colby got underneath the covers, I noticed that Jake had turned his back towards me, and I knew the reason why he did that. He did it on purpose so I would be forced to talk to Colby about our issues instead of avoiding them like we have been doing since we've gotten here.

My emerald eyes fluttered over to Colby. He had an emotionless expression written on his face as he skimmed through his social media. A deep sigh left my lips before I scooted closer to him and laid my head on the corner of his shoulder. His muscles tensed up even though he knew it was me, but he didn't want to acknowledge me, because of how stubborn he was.