Chapter 22 ♛ Stanley Hotel pt. 3

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

"So..." I trailed off as my eyes took a quick glance at Jennifer, "I know you probably don't care, but I never got to properly introduce myself to you. So, my name's Atmosphere." I said, forcing a smile onto my face.

"Atmosphere?" She eyed me, probably not believing me that that's my real name.

"Yeah, I know." I sighed, shaking my head, "It's a weird name."

"Not weird, but definitely odd." She said.

"Hmm, true." I somewhat agreed with her.

We continued to walk around the property, not really saying a word to each other until she spoke up again, making sure none of the boys heard our conversation.

"So, did you do Vine as well?" She asked me.

"Oh, heck no." I laughed at the thought of that, "I was never into social media, which is odd, because all my friends are."

"How did you meet them then?" She asked another question.

"Well, I have been best friends with Jake since a young age, and I met the rest of the guys through him." I answered.

"Oh, so you aren't dating him?"

I stopped walking and turned to face her, making sure she got a good look of who the fuck she was questioning, because I'm not the one to mess with.

"Dating Jake?" I eyed her.

"Yeah." She snarled, "I saw you guys kissing earlier, so don't try and play dumb with me."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I hissed, taking a step closer to her.

A short laugh left her thin lips, "I think you know what I'm talking about." She whispered coldly, before walking away from me.

"What the fuck?!" I mumbled to myself.

I knew something was off with this girl from the gecko, but to accuse me of cheating is beyond ridiculous. And to think that I was going to be nice to her for the rest of this trip until I didn't have to see her anymore, but if she wants to play games, we can play games.

"Something is off with her." Corey whispered into my ear.

"Tell me about it." I murmured, letting out a low growl which startled him.

My boyfriend and Jennifer started up a conversation as they walked ahead of us. Sam and Colby were just so intrigued by her, and were constantly asking her all sorts of questions as if she was one of the hotel workers who knew the hidden stories about this place. But clearly she wasn't. She was just a random girl we knew absolutely nothing about, so why the hell is she with us right now.

"You know..." Corey's voice faded for a second as he checked his surroundings to see if anyone was close enough to hear our conversation, "I can literally feel your jealousy pouring out of you." He whispered.

"I'm not jealous." I spat.

"Oh, Appna." He chuckled lightly, "You know lying isn't good for you." He sang, making me shove him away from me.

"You know what else isn't good for me?!" I shouted, causing his face to soften when he noticed that I was truly hurting inside about something that I wasn't being vocal about.

"I'm sorry." I breathed, because I knew I shouldn't take my personal issues out on him or anyone else, "It's just that Jennifer said something to me that really bothered me." I told him only some of the truth.

"What did she tell you?" He asked, his left eyebrow raising upward.

"I mean I was trying to make small talk with her, and she asked me how I knew you guys. So, I explained to her that I knew Jake since I was little and that I met you guys through him...."