Chapter 26 ♛ Witches Forest pt. 1

[trigger warning: light smut]

Atmosphere's P.O.V:

The car ride to our next adventure didn't feel right. It felt like we were missing a piece, and it's because we were. And that piece was Corey. He told the boys last night that he wasn't coming, and I believed him, but others didn't. Until this morning when they saw that he wouldn't answer any of their calls or texts. Even though I feel the same way Corey does about this trip, I still wish he had come with us, because he's the only other person other than me that can talk some sense into these boys. But I guess, I'm going to have to do it all by myself.

"How far is it?" Sam asked Colby, "Like two hours?"

"Well, my maps said it was an hour and half drive." Colby said with a small yawn.

"I feel like a piece of my heart is missing since Corey is not here." Jake whispered, looking down at the empty seat between him and I.

"Me too." I sighed.

"I'm honestly kinda in a weird mood right now cause it honestly doesn't feel the same." Colby admitted to us.

"I literally texted him this morning saying if he wanted to go, here's the address, but he didn't respond back." Sam sighed, shaking his head.

"Oh, Corey." I mumbled.

"Looks like it's just us, boys." Sam slightly grinned, "The Kansas boys."

"And girl." I pouted, because he forgot about me.

"And girl." He chuckled.

"We will keep Corey in our hearts." Jake said, "He will be with us in spirit."

"Jake, don't say spirit." I hissed.

"Wait, I'm sorry." He chuckled innocently, "I didn't mean to."

"Yeah, Jake." Sam backed me up as well.

As we continued to drive down the highway, Jake ended up falling asleep with his head on my lap. I leaned my head against the window until Colby spoke up, causing me to lean slightly forward and listen to the conversation that was happening up in the front.

"I was thinking a lot last night about what the psychic said about us three, and how we could be in danger. And maybe Corey is right about how this could be a set up or something. Like we don't even know Jennifer." Colby voiced out his concerns.

"That's true." Sam agreed.

"I hope we have service in case we might get lost while we are up there." Colby added.

"As long as we have gas then we will be good." Sam reassured him, "It won't be that bad." He added, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that.

Suddenly, a weird feeling about Corey hovered over my chest. It was different and unexplainable, but I knew it was about him. He was thinking of us in that exact moment, because I could literally feel it which is odd, because I' e never gotten these types of vibes before.

"Corey is calling you, Sam." I said, causing Sam to eye me.

"No, he's not." He said as he showed his cell phone to me.

"He will in a couple of seconds."

"Did he text you that?" My boyfriend questioned me.

"No, why?" I questioned him back.

Sam's phone went off just like I told him it would, and of course you already know who was the caller on the other end.

"No way?!" He gasped, "It's Corey." He beamed, showing Colby.